This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

Name: Julia Martin

Class Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Berkeley Heights, NJ

Major: Business Analytics and Marketing

The Basics

Campus Activities: Blue Key Society, Club Lacrosse, Kappa Kappa Gamma

Dream Job: Simply doing something that I’m excited to wake up for in the morning…have yet to figure out what that passion will be

Celeb Crush: Jay Wright

Guilty Pleasure: Sin A Muffins from Holy Grounds

Villanova Bucket List: Get married in the St. Thomas of Villanova church

Currently Binge Watching: The Office

Favorite Book: To be basic, I read See Me by Nicholas Sparks this summer and it was a great weekend read (and kind of a thriller on top of the love story). I recommend it if you want to get your head away from school work.

Favorite Movie: Happy Gilmore (ask me to quote the whole thing)

Favorite Store: Urban Outfitters and Aritzia

Favorite food place near Villanova: Hope’s Cookies, find me there almost every night…

Favorite spot on campus: Sitting outside Connelly & people watching on a beautiful day

Most Played Song on your iPod: Just looked on iTunes and it’s actually Whatever You Like by TI hahaha (is that appropriate…if not do Flowers In Your Hair by the Lumineers)

Favorite Class at Villanova: This semester, my Business Analytics class. Very interesting and what we are learning is so applicable to today

General Interests: FLYWHEEL>>, taking pictures, eating good food, laughing with friends, and going on little, spontaneous adventures, no matter how small.

Little Known Fact: In high school, I won the superlative for Most Likely to show up late to school with Starbucks and Instafamous. I was nominated for Best to Bring Home to Mom & Dad but got beaten out…still salty.

Boys, Boys, Boys

Relationship Status: SINGLE & ready to mingle;)

What you look for in a guy: Honestly, I want a guy who looks past the idealistic image of a girl in today’s society. I want someone who loves my flaws, who is hilarious (but not as funny as me), and who teases me but knows when it’s time to stop. I also want someone who is not afraid to say how they are feeling- open communication is very important to me. Also can’t forget someone is easy to talk to- nothing better than listening to and laughing with someone.

Male Turnoff: A guy who is afraid to be sensitive…tell me how you really feel (drake reference). Also a guy who doesn’t like taking pictures….come on.  

Best of the Rest

Proudest Accomplishment: Probably making Dean’s List both semesters last year after being sick in the fall and home for 3 weeks. Took a lot of hard work, balance, and mental perseverance.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?: Hope to be working at a job I love, potentially married?!, and just loving life and taking things day by day. I hope I am still running my food Instagram account…give it a follow @chefjwiththepotboy. Also, I want to have a pinterest worthy apartment/house.

3 words to describe yourself: Optimistic, observant, and energetic

Alyssa’s Final Thoughts

I hope you all got a glimpse of how special Julia is. If you are lucky to have her as a friend, you are lucky enough. Her smile is infectious and her personality is one in a million. So boys get in line because you won’t find anyone else as fun, unique or kind!

Boston native who loves the city and exploring everything it has to offer. I am a student at Villanova and have been enjoying every minute of it!