Have You Heard About Chariot for Women?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

To people everywhere, particularly college students who can’t have their car on campus, Uber has been a blessing. They’re always readily available, affordable, and eliminate the messy cash exchange that comes with regular cabs.

However, your Uber driver could be a hit or miss. Sometimes they are super nice, drive safely, and make enjoyable conversation. Other times, not so much. Unfortunately, some of them are not so safe and a bit creepy.

With the new app, Chariot for Women, you no longer have to worry.

Michael Pelletz, a former Uber driver, created the company. He felt that Uber was not the safest for female customers.

Chariot for Women uses the motto, “Driven by women. Exclusively for women.” It looks to bring pleasure and comfort through its services. To maintain a safe environment, strict background checks will be performed on each driver.

Chariot for Women will even have a feature where you have to use a safe word before entering the car. If the driver does not know the safe word, you know not to enter!

Besides being an awesome company in support of women’s safety, Chariot for Women will donate a percentage of each fare to different womens’ charities. The customer can even choose which charity their donation goes to. How awesome!

Of course it is surrounded by some controversy about whether or not it is legal to deny rides to a particular gender. However, Chariot for Women is willing and ready to challenge Uber and Lyft by becoming a safer option for females!

Rising sophomore at Villanova University pursuing a Major in Communication.