Campus Cutie: Zack Joyce

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

Zack and his girlfriend, Maddie

Name: Zack Joyce

Hometown: Allentown, NJ

Class: 2014

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Relationship status: Taken

What’s your most memorable moment at Villanova?

Probably the Syracuse upset at the Wells Fargo Center and rushing the court for the game. I never thought we would win that game.

Are you involved in any clubs?

Just Phi Sigma Pi, the honors fraternity.

What are you looking forward to doing this break?

Just spending time with my whole family, I’m really looking forward to that. I always love our turkey dinner, it’s delicious. My mom and my grandmother work on it for like, 10 hours straight. Plus, I get to see my dogs. Also my birthday is coming up over break, so that’ll be fun.

What’s your idea of a perfect date?

Well, I’d be with Maddie obviously. And I think I’d serve dinner that I’d prepare, probably vodka rigatoni, which is my specialty. We’d also have some really nice wine. Then we’d go out dancing.

What’s your favorite thing about Maddie?

I think one of my favorite things about Maddie is that we can talk forever. We’re very open around each other.

How long have you and Maddie been together?

5 years and counting.

What’s one of the most important things you think is necessary to make a relationship work?

Communication and being able to see and talk to each other frequently. Our relationship was tough when it was long distance, but definitely worth it. 

Samantha Galasso is from Wilton, CT and is the founder of both the Providence College and Villanova University chapters at HC. In her spare time, she enjoys napping, sarcastic commentary, inappropriate jokes, hanging out with her fellow Pi Phi sisters, "Friends" marathons, and general activities being ”liked” by the mass majority of people on Facebook. Her goals in life include writing the next great American novel and making the Billionaire Obituary in Forbes.