Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Villanova Blog

Her Campus Spring Break Survival Kit

By Samantha Galasso
March 29, 2014 - 8:33pm

This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% our own.  Getting back in the swing of things after spring break and pushing through to the end of the semester is really challenging. But thankfully, our sponsors and Her Campus Headquarters have hooked us up with a Spring Break Survival Kit! We want to thank our wonderful sponsors for being so generous this semester! The HC Spring Break Survival Kit included tons of goodies from... ZOTOS:  READ MORE

The Villanova Basketball Workout Challenge

By Samantha Galasso
March 22, 2014 - 9:37pm

Villanova is playing UConn tonight, and if you're not into it, you should be. Sure, there are plenty of Nova drinking games (if you're 21, of course), but Her Campus has come up with a creative way of getting in shape while watching our boys play. Here is the Villanova Basketball Workout Challenge:  Anytime.... - James Bell or Darrun Hilliard hits a 3 - 10 lunges  - The refs make a call you don't agree with - 10 jumping jacks  (If Jay Wright yells about it as well: 15 jumping jacks) - Arch is on the ground for some reason - 10 pushups  - We make an incredible dunk - 5 squats - There is an "and 1" moment - 15 second leg lifts  READ MORE

Spring Break Packing List

By Samantha Galasso
February 28, 2014 - 9:20pm

If you're like me, you save your packing until the last minute. It's not the most productive way to live life and it almost always ensures that you'll forget at least three items that range from mildly important to absolutely essential. To assuage these issues, we at HC Villanova thought that we would compile a packing list for all of your spring break needs, particularly if you're heading out of the country to somewhere warm and tropical. Electronics - Camera and charger - iPod, headphones, and charger - Phone and charger Toiletries  - Face and body wash READ MORE

Politics with Kaisha: Connecting Sports and Anti-Semitism

By Kaisha Lourens
January 21, 2014 - 6:13pm

Are sporting events being used as tools for neo-Nazi propaganda purposes? In the past year, anti-Semitic outbursts have been on the rise in Europe. The behavior being carried out by fans and athletes is repulsive, insulting, and absolutely horrific. However, their actions do not go unnoticed. Many are being punished and banned from participation in sporting events. Is it unfair for these athletes to be banned from sports?     READ MORE

Politics with Kaisha: Nazi Shazam

By Kaisha Lourens
December 12, 2013 - 10:37am

READ MORE

Top Christmas Movies to Get You in the Spirit

By Calli White
December 7, 2013 - 6:00pm

Once the last plate of stuffing and turkey leaves the table, the Christmas season officially begins for families all across America. Along with the dropping temperatures, peppermint flavored Starbuck’s drinks, and the increase in cookie consumption, the season also brings with it hundreds of Christmas themed movies to be watched. Family tradition plays a big part in which movies are put on during this time, leading everybody to have many different favorites.  So in accordance with my personal upbringing, here are a few of my favorites separated into my top three classic Christmas movies and top three modern Christmas movies. READ MORE

Get Confident With American Laser Skincare

By Villanova Contributor
November 21, 2013 - 6:38pm

When you look in a mirror, do you like what you see? Or do you just get distracted by little flaws? READ MORE

Hit Me Matey One More Time: Britney Spears' Music Repels Pirates

By Kaisha Lourens
November 6, 2013 - 9:43pm

READ MORE

5 Fun Halloween Activities

By Mary Lister
October 22, 2013 - 10:07pm

1.       Go to a haunted house! There are a multitude of awesome spooky haunts in this area that you can get to fairly easily, but my recommendation would be the Eastern State Penitentiary. You can get there by train or bus, and though it is relatively more expensive it is definitely worth it! The penitentiary shut down years ago and fell into disrepair until it was closed off and made into a museum. Al Capone served time there, and I’ve heard that the haunted house is so scary people have peed their pants… READ MORE

Politics with Kaisha: Government Shutdown- Democrats vs. Republicans, Who's to Blame?

By Kaisha Lourens
October 10, 2013 - 8:52pm

On October 1, 2013 the government began its first partial shutdown in 17 years. The shutdown is the result of Congress failing to pass a budget. The House voted on a bill to delay Obamacare for one year however, the Senate rejected the negotiation. The government cannot operate without a budget. READ MORE