This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

Although there is still a chill in the air and we haven’t broken out our flip flops yet, spring is actually here! It’s time to ditch the layers and prep for days of sunglasses and sundresses. While the high temperatures haven’t hit yet, it’s never too early to start getting ready for the beautiful days of spring. Shining sun, blossoming flowers, chirping birds, and the promise of summer ahead, who doesn’t think spring is the best season? In case you need to be reminded of why the best season lies in March, April, and May here are the best parts of spring!

1. Spring weather! With the frigid days of winter in the past and the scorching days of summer in the future, spring has the perfect in between weather! The sun not only makes us forget about the frosty snow storms of winter, but it also puts us in a better mood! Cheryl from Miss Congeniality puts it perfectly when she asked the idea of her perfect date and replies, “I’d have to say April 25th.  Because it’s not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket!”

2. Spring clothes! Sperrys, flip-flops, converse, ballet flats, wedges…the list of adorable spring footwear is endless. Who isn’t tired of zipping up their winter boots or tying up the laces to their snow shoes? I know I am! Not only does spring allow for the best footwear, it also calls for the cutest wardrobe. Instead of the massive layers that winter demands or sweaty pit stains that come along with summer, sundresses, capris, and short-sleeves are perfect for spring and don’t cause any wardrobe difficulties. 

3. Spring food! Although we all loved sipping on hot chocolate during the cold months, it’s time to ditch the mugs and bring out the tumblers! Fresh brewed iced tea and refreshing lemonade are in this season! Get ready to make your favorite smoothies because strawberries, mangoes, and pineapples are all perfect spring fruits. Also don’t forget to go to Chipotle and treat yourself to guac because avocados are prime spring foods as well. Other delicious spring foods include potatoes, spinach, carrots, and rhubarb!

4. Spring flings! Spring is a time for new beginnings, new changes, and new choices! So why not spark up a new relationship! Spring is the perfect time to start a fling with that boy you’ve had your eye on. Be confident and take your friendship to the next level. If you make it something more, maybe you can have a cute spring fling that could turn into a summer romance!

5. Spring activities! Because winter had us all locked up in our rooms for months, spring is the perfect time to get out and have some fun! Picnics, hikes, and bike rides are great spring activities! Enjoy the sunshine while doing fun activities with your friends! Spring is the perfect time to get outside and get active, so what are you waiting for? Enjoy the best season while it lasts because it’ll gone before you know it!