The Advice Your Mother Would Give You and You Need To Hear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

The advice your mother would give you and you need to hear

Stay ahead of the syllabus. I’m a leave it to the last minute kind of gal so anytime I do something ahead of time I feel as if a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Taking the time to complete your work ahead of time will help your stress level and ensure you’re not rushing at the last second. Professors always know who did it the night before.

Stay in touch with old friends, but also make new ones. If you left last year with a tight knit group that’s great, but it’s always good to branch out too. Having a huge network of friends can sometimes be better than secluding yourself.

Eat. Remember food is your friend! As college students we are constantly juggling multiple things at once and doing all that on an empty stomach will lead to a “hangry” version of yourself that nobody wants to be around. (snickers picture)

Exercise a few days a week. As hard as it can be to hit the gym, it is well worth the trip. Working out on a regular basis can improve not only your health but you mood as well. So next time you need to blow off some steam or clear your head put down the candy and head to the gym.

Make goals for the year. Make a list of all the things you want to accomplish or work on this year. It will motivate you to cross those things off. At the end of the year go back and see what you have accomplished and what you could still work on.

Get some ZZZzz’s.  Make sure you get some sleep! And not from the hours of 3am to 8am, that’s not going to cut it. Make time because your health will suffer.

Prioritise.  There will always be another party, but there might not be another opportunity to do well on an exam. While one exam most likely won’t prevent you from getting a job after college, it is important for that particular class not to get behind.

Be Positive. It is easy to be a glass half empty type of person when things don’t go your way, but who wants to be around a negative person…that’s right no one. Be a glass half full type of person and let the little things go.

Boston native who loves the city and exploring everything it has to offer. I am a student at Villanova and have been enjoying every minute of it!