6 Times Rory and Lorelai Gilmore Totally Got You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

Now that we’re one month into college, the excitment of being back is starting to wear off. In it’s place, we have the stress of meeting deadlines, studying for tests, and writing essays. But if anyone can relate to the struggles you’re going through, it’s Rory and Lorelai Gilmore. The mother-daughter duo has never been afraid to say exactly what they are feeling, and their witty comments about what they go through are something every college girl can connect to.

1. When your friends tell you you’re studying too much

It can be exhausting when you feel like you’ve already been studying for days and you feel like you’re missing out on fun times with your friends. But sometimes, you know that doing those extra few hours of reading can make a huge difference in your test grade!

2. When you have the chance to get off campus for a few hours

Sometimes you get so busy that you have no choice but to stay on campus, but when you get the chance to leave you can’t wait.

3. When you’re starving, but your friends want to wait an hour to go to dinner

When it’s Taco night in the dining hall and you haven’t eaten since before your 11:30, the last thing you want to do is wait longer to go get dinner.

4. When you really start to regret taking an 8:30

During registration last semester, you thought this would be a great way to make sure you didn’t sleep in every day and to get your classes over with so you’d have free time later. Now, having to get out of bed for this class makes you wonder why you ever thought this would be a good idea.

5. When you try to flirt with that cute guy in your class

Sometimes those smooth moves don’t work out quite as well as you’re hoping they will.

6. When someone questions your decision to stay in and order Campco

Sometimes a girl doesn’t wanna get dressed up to go out. Zilly Fries, a milkshake, and a romcom with your girls can be a great way to spend the night at the end of an exhausting week.

The beginning of the school year can be stressful as you adjust to a busy life on campus. But don’t forget that everyone else is going through the same thing, and there’s only a couple more weeks until you’ll get to go home for a relaxing fall break!

Cara Milhaven is a sophomore studying communication at Villanova University. She is a contributing writer for Her Campus National as well as the Senior Editor of Her Campus Villanova. She loves caffeine, Christmas movies, fall, and Zac Efron.