free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Awesome Study Spots at Nova

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

Whether you’re an early bird or a night owl, we all have our routines and times for getting work done. With this routine comes picking a place to study, and at Nova there are a plethora of options to choose from. If you’re tired of your old study spot or just want to try a new place check out these five awesome study spots at Nova!

1. Falvey Memorial Library. While the library may seem like an obvious place to study, it really is one of the best spots to study on campus because there are so many options. Whether you are more of a chill studier and want to work in the 24 hour lounge or need complete silence on the fourth floor, there is a space for everyone. Additionally, the library is great in case you have questions you need answered in the writing or math centers. Finally, Falvey has all kinds of seating arrangements from couches to desks and cubicles. For a classic study spot where you know everyone will be focused, head to the library.

2. The Connelly Center. If you’re a person who likes action while studying, then Connelly is the perfect place for you. With the constant chatter and background noise of the TV, you will be able to zone in on our work while not feeling isolated from the rest of the students on campus. Another plus with Connelly is that if you get hungry, there’s always food downstairs to fuel you!

3. The Grotto. With the weather getting nice, the perfect place to study is outside. While a nice patch of grass can be good, The Grotto is an even better option because there are actual benches, so you don’t have to lay down or be uncomfortable without back support. The Grotto is also a very calming and peaceful environment, so you’ll be able to focus on your work while also taking in the beautiful nature around you.

4. Old Falvey. While most people are familiar with the regular library, Old Falvey is more of a hidden gem. Not as many people hit up this study space, so if you want a more isolated place to work Old Falvey might be good for you. Additionally, there are whiteboards available if you want to write out your notes or see your ideas on a bigger platform. Finally, if you’re a person that likes to spread all of your stuff out, Old Falvey is a good spot for that as the desks are more like tables and perfect for all of your belongings.

5. Saint Augustine Center. Most people think the only thing in SAC is teacher’s offices, however, there are some secretive study spots that are perfect if you need to isolate yourself and reduce the risk of distractions. One of my favorite places to study is in the small out-coves in SAC. They can be found in the hallways between the teacher’s offices. You may have walked past one before thinking it was just a small hallway, but in fact, there are little cushions facing the windows that are a perfect quiet space to curl up and work.

Whether you prefer to work in your room or one of these spots, the best way to know if a study spot works for you is if you can actually focus and study! Keep up the hard work, wildcats!