Trey Hall ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Trey Hall

Age: 21

Year: Junior

Hometown: Botetourt County, Va.

Major: Double major in English and Religious Studies

Relationship Status: Single

How are you involved at VCU or in the community? Playing shows with my band, Dharma Bombs, throughout the city and participating in the local music scene. I am also an active writer who recently got published in the Amendment/Horn RVA Chapbook. My favorite Richmond pastime is impromptu busking in Carytown and Monroe Park with other local musicians.

Favorite spot on campus: The grassy steps outside of Hibbs because it was a creative center for musicians and artists back when I was a freshman and now it is hilarious to watch the overly serious breakdancers who are very public yet pretend that you can’t see them and they can’t see you.

Favorite class since coming to VCU: Leslie Shiel’s Nature Writing course that I am in this semester because I aspire to teach a Nature Writing class in the not-so-distant future.

Who would play you in the movie of your life? If James Franco and Seth Rogen had a 21-year-old baby named Jame Rogen, him.

Last song you listened to: Tootsie Roll by 69 Boyz and Dearly Departed by Shakey Graves

What do you do on the weekends? Go camping, adventure down to Boone and throughout the Blue Ridge Mountains, play music with my band and cure my hangovers with the Mexicali Benedict from Mojo’s.

Any guilty pleasures? Sometimes I fantasize about deep fried chicken tenders even though I am a vegetarian…

Celeb crush: Zoe Deschanel, especially when she sings in She & Him with M. Ward…she’s the babliest babe.

Do you have any hidden talents? I am an avid planner and a useful co-pilot. I can also read upside down.

What’s your favorite thing about fall? Taking weekend mountain trips and watching the leaves turn in full color.

Fun fact: I’m in the Guinness Book of World Records for being a part of the World’s Largest Mandolin Ensemble at Galax Old Time Fiddler’s Convention in 2012.

Sarah is from Lynchburg, Virginia but has lived in Richmond since attending Virginia Commonwealth University in 2012 where she studied Mass Communications with a concentration in print journalism. She began contributing to Her Campus at VCU as a freshman and was developed to lead the chapter as Campus Correspondent for two years where she increased membership by 65% and brought the chapter ranking from bronze level to platinum level. She enjoyed attending both the mid-atlantic conferences held with the chapter at the College of William & Mary and Her Conferences held in NYC.  Sarah currently works in the tech industry in marketing. She has a background in communications, hospitality and nonprofit consulting. She still loves attending VCU basketball games and also loves live music. In her free time, she likes going on long walks with her dog, tending to her house plants and cycling around downtown. Fun fact: she has never owned a car and is a community advocate for public transit. Connect with Sarah on LinkedIn.