By the end of the semester, I am sure most of you are stressing over exams and/or projects. Although it is tough to maintain a healthy diet while studying for exams, every collegiette should try and set some time to stay healthy this week. To help you out, I have listed these fast and delicious snacks for you to store for the rest of exam week!
Healthy snacks you can buy:
Alert yourself with oranges: The citrus in an orange helps you stay awake. The tangy fruit can make a perfect juice or snack. Whatever floats your boat!
Dark Chocolates: For those chocolate lovers out there like me, a few pieces of dark chocolate can help boost your mood and brain function.
Stay awake with tea: This is another alternative to coffee, and you can always add milk and honey if you don't care for the taste. A warm cup of tea is a great way to help you stay awake.
Do better on your next exam with almonds: This will not really help you improve your memory overnight, but if you get into the habit of eating almonds daily, it can improve your brain function and help you do better on the next exam!
Healthy Recipes you can make:
1) Spicy Oven-Roasted Chickpeas
My mom use to make this tasty snack once in a while. It was a great snack while I did my homework or studied for exams.
- 1 15 ounce can organic chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala
- Heat the oven 400°F.
- Drain the Chickpeas
- Rinse very well under running water
- Pat dry
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil
- Spread out on a large sheet
- Roast for 30-40 minutes or until brown and crispy
- Turn and stir every ten minutes so they do not burn
- Take out and toss to taste with salt and spices
2) Peanut-Butter Honey Popcorn
This is a perfect snack when you have that sweet tooth. The peanut butter adds a touch of protein which helps satisfy your hunger.
- 8 cups of popped unbuttered popcorn
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place wax paper on a large baking sheet
- Spray with baking spray
- Pop your popcorn in microwave
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and honey
- Bring to a rolling boil
- Remove the sugar and honey from heat
- Stir until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract
- Pour peanut butter and honey mixture over popcorn
- Stir to coat.
- Spread out on to a cookie sheet to cool for a few minutes