Sally Henrehan – The Bilingual Blonde

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

What is your full name? 
Sally Henrehan

How old are you?
19 years old

What year are you?
Academically, I am a junior.

What’s your major?
Technically, I’m undeclared but I’m planning to double-major in Spanish and early elementary education.

Where are you from?
Northern Virginia

What’s your heritage?
Scotch-Irish and French Canadian

Can you speak any other languages?
Yes, I’m bilingual and can Spanish. A lot of people don’t believe it because I’m this white girl with blonde hair (laughs), but I can speak Spanish too.

Do you have any beauty secrets you’d like to share?
Not particularly. I sleep a lot!

What are some of your preferences in a guy?
Kindness is most important! He has to be both intelligent and confident as well.

What is your relationship status?
Single (laughs)

If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you?
Jenna Marbles!

If you could have any superpower in the world, what would it be?
Flying at super speed, so I guess a mixture of flying and teleportation (even if that’s cheating).

How do you deal with stress?
Run. Eat everything—let’s be honest, we’re girls. And dance!

Describe your perfect date.
It’s less about the activity and more about the connection. I would be both intimidated but intrigued. There would be a lot of laughter, and I would find myself more than a little nervous.

Why did you want to go to VCU?
It was kind of a random thing. The scholarship I received contributed, but it was more because I liked the atmosphere of the city and the friendliness.

What is one thing that has happened in your life that has made the biggest impact on who you are today?
Attending church conferences because it really helped opened my mind to conscious thinking.

If you were a cartoon character, would you rather date Hey Arnold or Doug?
Hey Arnold because Arnold is confident. Doug is…it’s like, ‘be a man!’ (laughs).

What are your favorite places to shop at?
Target and even though this isn’t a clothing store, it should count because I have an obsession with Bath and Body works too. Besides that, various places or pretty much anywhere.

If you could speak to one type of animal, what would it be?
Dogs because I adore them and I’m pretty sure they have extremely happy thoughts!

What was the most interesting trip you have ever taken? Why?
A three-week overseas trip to Hungary and Romania with my church group. It exposed me to different economic differences and an overall different type of poverty.

Do you have any special talents?
I love to dance! I do Kazaxe, which is like Zumba on crack (laughs). I’m also a pianist and I love to sing.

Chelsea is a Her Campus alumnae and the Cofounder and former President and Editor-In-Chief of Virginia Commonwealth University's Her Campus chapter. Chelsea has diverse professional experience thanks to her many internships in college. Her experience includes working in the research department at Viacom's MTV, assisting the CEO of a boutique jewelry brand in NYC, and working at an English tourist magazine in Japan. Beyond her professional life, Chelsea is inspired by fashion, finance, all things Harry Potter, her dream of working for a company she loves, and her travels. Chelsea turns to Sailor Moon episodes and Harry Potter soundtracks when life gets tough. Also a good amount of shopping, traveling, and making memories with loved ones will maintain her status quo.Connect!LinkedIn Instagram: @chelsskubo