This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Paloma Correal, Sophomore

Major: Fashion Design

Age: 22

Hometown: Colombia, South America

Relationship status: Taken

Hobbies: I discovered a very adventurous side of me when I moved to Virginia.  I love to go fishing, hiking, kayaking, camping and road tripping.  I’ve always been a city girl so of course I love to go shopping, traveling and international food tasting.

Hidden talents: I speak fluent Spanish; people get stunned when they find out for some reason. Other than that, I don’t like to hide my talents.

What do you do in your free time? 

Buy a good bottle of wine, make good food and watch Netflix. 

Where do you see yourself after you graduate VCU? 

I would love to have my own Fashion Design company.  I would also love to have a family, a big house with big yards, a Siberian husky, a fat cat and a beautiful garden.

Favorite comfort food? 

Nachos!

Favorite make up product? 

I honestly like anything from MAC.  I prefer neutral colors and a natural look.

Favorite spots in Richmond? 

‘Sidewalk Café’ is my favorite brunch spot.  I also love Carytown, especially ‘For the love of Chocolate’ and ‘The Daily’.

Favorite animal? 

The whole feline family tree.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why? 

I would like to be able to read minds.  Knowing what people are passionate about and what makes them happy is a mystery to me.

Who is your celebrity crush?

Ian Somerhalder!

Favorite experience you’ve had at VCU so far? 

So far, when I went to Florida on Spring break 2015 to volunteer at The Endangered Animal Rescue Sanctuary, with the Alternative Spring Break group here at VCU.  There we got to fed lions and tigers, shower them and hear their inspiring stories.

Who would play you in a movie about your life? 

Anne Hathaway, she’s amazing!

Favorite place to shop?  

Altar’d State, Free People and Anthropology. 

Ashley is a Senior at Virginia Commmonwealth University majoring in mass communications concentrating in print & online journalism. She is the Senior Editor for Her Campus at VCU and a member of the Society of Professional Journalists at VCU. She is an avid coffee drinker, dog lover and dreamer. She hopes to one day be a reporter for a newspaper, magazine, or an online version of the two.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!