This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Name: Olivia Eleanor Golden

How old are you? 18

When’s your birthday? June 13th

What’s your major? Undeclared

Where are you from? Baltimore, MD

Why did you choose VCU?

I loved how dynamic Richmond was when I first visited. When it came down to choosing a school, I instinctively felt most excited about VCU.

What’s your favorite thing about VCU?

I love how each street in Richmond has a different vibe. The residential streets are very sweet and old-fashioned, while the city streets like Broad are lively. Having places like Belle Isle and the Hollywood Cemetery is great, too.

What’s your best memory?

Picking one favorite moment is too tough for me, so I’ll give you a favorite place. Every summer, I go to Swallow Falls State Park, near Deep Creek, Maryland, with some of my best friends and we jump around in waterfalls and make s’mores and hang out together. It’s unbelievably beautiful and it gets better everytime.

Where’s your favorite place to eat?

On campus, I often eat at Croutons. Off campus, Shyndigz has the best cake I’ve ever had (if you’re willing to splurge a little!)

What’s your favorite TV show?

Lately, I’ve been obsessed with Freaks and Geeks. Every character is hilarious in their own way and I think it depicts high school in a very realistic way.

What’s your favorite movie?

My favorite movie is Across the Universe. If you like the Beatles, you’ll love the movie. It’s a really creative representation of some of their best songs.

Who is your favorite Disney Princess?

Ariel is my favorite Disney princess because she’s a mermaid…what could beat that?

If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?

I really want to travel to Central Africa. I’ve been to Rwanda and Burundi, and have never been so enthralled in my life. I’d love to experience more about that part of the world.

Have you ever met a celebrity?

I met Aaron Rodgers, the quarterback for the Green Bay Packers, without knowing who he was! He walked into our family friend’s house in Southern California, and my dad had to fill me in on who he was! I also basically met Marina Diamandis, from the band Marina & the Diamonds, because I was front row for her concert and we interacted throughout the show.

What’s a fun fact about you?

I’m a twin named Sophie, who goes to UNC Chapel Hill! We were born in England and my parents were never told whether or not we are identical.

What’s your biggest accomplishment (so far?)

My biggest accomplishment would probably be submitting my AP Drawing portfolio during my senior year and putting together a senior art show to display all of my artwork throughout my high school career. I really enjoyed the entire process, and though I’m not in the Arts program at VCU, visual arts will always be a part of my life.

What’s your dream job?

It’s hard to say what my dream job is since I’m undeclared; I could see myself doing all kinds of things. I really like the idea of traveling, and I’m fascinated by psychology, so I might become a humanitarian aid worker or a psychologist of some sort.

Salinna Lor is a freshman at Virginia Commonwealth University. She's addicted to coffee, frozen yogurt, vloggers, Kate Spade, and writing. You can catch her on Instagram or Twitter (@salinnalor)
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!