This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Mindy Averitt

Hometown: Streamwood, IL

Major: Art History

Year: Senior

Zodiac Sign: Libra

Relationship Status: Single

What do you like to do in your free time?

It’s very rare that I get free time, so when I do I like to take full advantage of it. My absolute favorite thing to do is to veg out in my bed and watch Netflix. Otherwise I try and travel home to Chicago to see family. Or go to brunch. I love brunch.

What is your favorite movie?

Stand by Me

If you could describe one place to be your happy place, where would it be?

Over the summer I traveled to Peru with VCU and we visited this one place on the way back from the Maras salt mines. It was absolutely beautiful. Every time I think of my happy place that is where I end up…in a barley field, in the middle of the mountains, not a person in sight for miles around…

What makes you smile?

My niece Lucy, she is so beautiful and always makes me laugh.

Coffee or tea?

Eee this is a hard one! I enjoy both…when classes are in session its coffee all the way…

What is the last book you read?

One Thousand and One Nights

What do you like to do for fun?

Go out dancing, laugh with my friends, go on adventures!

If your life was to be made into a movie, who would you want to play you?

Mila Kunis

What have you been listening to lately?

Just a lot of Pandora, Santigold, Sleigh Bells, Lorde, Dirty Heads, J. Roddy Walston & the Business

What is your ideal date?

Something appealing, like going to Maymont, the river or the VMFA.

What is one of your guilty pleasures?

I’m addicted to watching period pieces like The Tudors, The Borgias, oh and then there’s Nip/Tuck…it is so ridiculous but I can’t get enough of it. Oh and Degrassi. Okay I am going to stop now because this is getting embarrassing.

What is your biggest pet peeve?

When people are selfish, we’re all in this world together people!

What is the best advice that has ever been given to you?

The easiest thing to do may not always be the right thing to do.

Nardos Iyob is a freshman at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is majoring in Political Science on a Pre-Law track. When she is not working at her job as the Public Relations Specialist at a nonprofit geared towards empowering women she enjoys cooking, thrifting, talking politics, practicing yoga, exploring Richmond and watching the news.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!