Meet Chelsea Schmidt Photography

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

As a business student at Virginia Commonwealth University, Chelsea Schmidt hopes to use her skills as a promising entrepreneur to accent her talents as a photographer, as a means of building her own business. As the founder of Chelsea Schmidt Photography, she devotes her efforts to documenting the intimate and everlasting memories of her clients. She has the ability to capture the triumphant ora of a proud graduate and the ability to visualize the sentiments of deep love and admiration newlyweds have for each other.

Schmidt’s journey began after receiving the gift of a quality camera from her parents. Photos of her friends continued to receive positive attention from colleagues and neighbors, at which point she started to build her business by offering various photography services.

Of her many projects, Schmidt is most proud of eloquently capturing and empowering a group of women unmasked by make-up and superficial possessions. She most enjoyed shooting a wedding this past summer, which took place on the water. This was exceptionally difficult for her considering the undulation of the boat; however, she approached this challenge as an opportunity to expand her artistry and refine her skills. She approaches her work with a nuanced view of the world — her next feat will involve capturing the beauty foreign cultures and landscapes.

She plans to relocate her business to California after graduating, where some of her family resides and where opportunities in her field are plentiful. Included in those plans is the acquisition of a higher education that will equip her with the ability to professionally and effectively market herself and her business.

Visit her site more details, inquiries and information regarding Chelsea Schmidt Photography.

All photos provided by Chelsea Schmidt Photography 

She is black, but she is not bitter. She is stern, but she is not rigid. She is tolerant, but she is not weak-minded. She is powerful, but she is not intimidating. She is wise but she is not all-knowing. She is spiritual, but she is not divine. She is analytical, but she is not uninspired. She is female, but she cannot be muted. 
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!