This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Name: Larissa Gregory

Age: 18

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Stafford, Virginia

What made you choose VCU and how did you know it was the school for you?

I loved the urban environment and the MCV campus. I also love Richmond and I wanted to say close to home. I knew VCU was the school for me because I felt at home during orientation. I felt like I would be accepted and loved in this school, and I could meet a lot of unique people because of the urban environment.

What’s your major?

Biology on a pre-nursing track.

Favorite thing to do on campus?

I love going to the Cary St. Gym and I love to make new friends.

What are you most looking forward to doing?

I am looking forward to the basketball games and planning more Halloween events.

What’s your best experience been so far?

My favorite part of being here was probably Ram Camp, it was so much fun and I made so many new friends! It was also great when I won the election for Brandt Council President.

What do you do as Brandt Council President?

I plan events for the building to get everyone involved and have a community feel. I also bring the ideas of the community to the executive board who handle the policies and prorecudes of the residence halls.

Where do you want to be in four years?

Hopefully I’ll either be in or out of nursing school. I’d like to become a nurse practitioner. Hopefully I’ll still be in Richmond and on the MCV campus. 

Salinna Lor is a freshman at Virginia Commonwealth University. She's addicted to coffee, frozen yogurt, vloggers, Kate Spade, and writing. You can catch her on Instagram or Twitter (@salinnalor)
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!