This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.
Kiana Vincent is the host of her own show, The Ki Show, which airs on 102.9 FM in Richmond. She also launched her own cupcake business, Cupcakes by Ki, after realizing her passion for baking.

Age: 20

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Burtonsville, Maryland

Major: Social Work…but i’m switching it to Mass Communications with a concentration in Broadcast Journalism in the fall

Quote to live by: “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.” – Kevin Durant

What type of things do you talk about on “The Ki Show”?

I basically talk about the latest celebrity news, fashion, music, and give advice to my listeners. 

How did you get started with your cupcake business?

I told myself that before I turned 20 I would like to start my own cupcake business. I’ve been thinking about starting it since high school and I guess college is the perfect time to take risks. I created my business cards and my family knew that it was official because usually when I think of an idea, I will forget about it.

What is your favorite thing to bake?

My favorite things to bake are cupcakes, brownies, cookies and cakes.

How long have you been baking?

I have been baking since the seventh grade. 

What is your dream job?

My dream job would be a TV host, radio personality, or motivational speaker.

If you had any super power, what would it be?

The ability to fly. 

Who is your biggest inspiration?

My biggest inspiration would be Jhene Aiko and Tupac, because they are both smart individuals who say what’s on their minds. Jhene is very free-spirited and positive about life where Tupac always spoke his mind, no matter what people thought or said about him. These two artists push me to do the same.

Why did you choose VCU?

I chose VCU because I was very interested in the School of Arts. Anyone that knows me knows that I am very artistic and the arts school is one of the top in the country. Although I am not in the school of the arts, I also chose VCU because of the diversity and wanting to leave Maryland.  

What do you like to do in your free time?

In my free time I draw, paint, bake, listen to music, make videos for my YouTube channel…the list goes on. :)

What is your favorite place to visit in Richmond?

I’m still new to Richmond, so I’m not familiar with the whole city yet. But Thai Top 10 would be my favorite place to eat. 

Hello! My name is Noura Bayoumi and I am a senior at Virginia Commonwealth University. I am studying print journalism with a minor in English. In my free time, I like to explore the city, spend time with my friends and family, and go outdoors.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!