priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash

Iconic Halloween Costumes for Couples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

The night of the inner nerds is coming back once again this year, presenting us with dynamic duo’s, that send feelings of fright and nostalgia through our veins. This is the one night where power couples flood our social medias, reminding us why we love them. Here are some amazing Halloween costume ideas for you and boo to rule the night before it’s too late.

1. Harley Quinn and Joker 

Thanks to the Suicide Squad movie, you’ll probably lose count of all the Harley Quinn and Joker costumes roaming around. But there’s no doubt you and your puddin’ will outshine any other couple on Halloween.

2. Wonder Woman and Superman 

Have you and bae been up at the gym working on your fitness? This is the perfect duo costume to show off those gains!

3. Batman and Catwoman 

Name a more bat-ass and purrfect couple… I’ll wait.

4. Mickey and Minnie Mouse 

Because you guys are the biggest kids when you are together and it’s the perfect night to pay homage to these Disney icons.  

5. Morticia and Gomez Adams 

Nothing different here… just another reason to wear all black and be crazy in love with your man.

6. Mario and Princess Peach 

Because what other holiday allows you to dress up as your favorite video game characters?

7. Danny and Sandy from Grease 

Dance the night away dressed as this iconic couple. Just make sure you have enough hairspray!

8. Buzz Lightyear and Jessie 

Go to infinity and beyond as this favorite Pixar duo!  

9. Aladdin and Jasmine 

This is such a fun costume especially for couples who want to include their pets. Get creative and dress up your furry friend as Abu, Rajah or even the magic carpet!      

10. Bugs and Lola Bunny 

Perfect for any sporty couple because all you really need to purchase are bunny ears.  

11. Popeye and Olive Oyl 

Because no one has more love for his lady than this spinach-obsessed sailor, except your boyfriend of course.  

12. Cosmo and Wanda 

Be prepared to have people take pictures with you two because you’re everyone’s favorite parents.

13. Chucky and Tiff

If you and your SO are looking for something on the scary side of the spectrum, try this! Nothing creepier than killer dolls.  

14. Beauty and the Beast

You get to wear a pretty dress and he won’t have to shave, he’ll love this one just as much as you will!  

15. Jesse and James from Team Rocket 

Because Pokemon GO is life, and this gives you an excuse to include your cat to play Meowth for the night!

16. Sub-Zero and Kitana from Mortal Combat 

Kick ass this Halloween because these costumes are a knockout!

17. Wolverine and Jean Grey 

This mutant power couple is so underrated. Dress up and have fun saving the world Halloween night.  

18. Princess Leia and Han Solo 

For the Star Wars nerds out there… Plus you need another reason to wear that costume you spent money on for Comic Con.

19. Adorable Finn and Princess Bubblegum

Because you two will absolutely be the cutest couple of the night.  

20. T.J. and Spinelli from Recess

Rock these costumes to give everyone some nostalgia from our favorite 90s show.  

21. Ron and Hermoine 

Because you guys are just die hard Harry Potter fans and need every excuse to represent Gryffindor.

22. Katniss and Peeta

Slay the night as the Hunger Games favorite duo, and may the odds be ever in your favor.  

23. Cinderella and Prince Charming 

All eyes on you two as everyone’s favorite couple of all time.  

24. Fred and Wilma Flinstone

Dress up as this fun-loving, animated couple and yell yabadabadoo all night long.  

25. Jay Gatsby and Daisy Buchanan 

There’s no doubt that you two will be the most fabulous and extravagant couple of the night dressed in these costumes.

Image 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12,13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

Rachel is a marketing major from Virginia Commonwealth University. She was born in Indonesia and immigrated to New York City with her family when she was five years old. She loves Disney movies, makeup, and exploring cities. You can follow her on Instagram @rachelgeru.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!