sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Her Campus VCU 2015-2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

We’re now officially in finals week and it’s crazy to think that another year of college is finished. This year was a busy year for the girls of Her Campus VCU. We made it all the way to a Pink level chapter! We said hello to a team full of new members in the fall and added a special few in the spring. We said goodbye to our fall semester Editor-in-Chief, Noura Bayoumi, when she graduated in December and now we are preparing to say goodbye to four of our senior members including our President, Hannah Khan. It’s been a good year for us and we hope you’ll join us next year!

Fall:

SOVO Fair:

When the fall semester started our team was pretty small. We turned to the SOVO fair to recruit new members.

New Member Social:

We welcomed our new members with a party following our first general body meeting of the semester.

College Fashion Week:

Some of our team got all dressed up to head to Washington, D.C. for College Fashion Week. Two of our team members even modeled in the show!

Homecoming:

This year VCU made the change to a fall homecoming and naturally we couldn’t wait to get involved! We attended several of the homecoming events including walking in the parade.

Bonfire:

Member Katie Nolan graciously opened her house to us several times during the year, including for our fall bonfire event.

Thanksgiving Potluck:

Once again, we went back to Katie’s, but this time it was to celebrate Thanksgiving! We hosted a potluck and wrote warm fuzzies reminding ourselves how lucky we are to have such a great team of wonderful friends.

Last GBM/Secret Santa:

(fall executive board)

Our last GBM of the semester included a Secret Santa gift exchange and a surprise goodbye send-off for Noura before graduation. 

Spring:

Pink Party:

After finding out that we were a Pink level chapter, our team could not wait to celebrate. We started the spring semester with a Pink Party.

Galentine’s Day:

Possibly the best possible way to spend Valentine’s Day is celebrating your girl friends! We hosted a Galentine’s Day in the Commons and invited VCU students to come enjoy cookies, crafting and a photo booth.

#NoChildBrides:

The girls of Her Campus VCU joined Heart to Soul in Action in their #NoChildBrides campaign. We wrote articles, participated in a photo shoot and spread the word on social media.

Movie Night: 

This one of this semester’s bonding events included a movie night and pajama party!

Scavenger Hunt/Brunch:

Food and pictures. Two things Her Campus VCU girls absolutely love. Our last GBM of the semester was a ton of fun with a brunch and photo scavenger hunt.

Miss Arlington:

At an event with Chase Dreams Not Boys, some of our team members were able to talk to Miss Arlington from the 2015 Miss Virginia pageant.

Mid-Atlantic Conference: 

We packed our cars and headed to William and Mary for the day for the Her Campus Mid-Atlantic Conference. 

Yelp Eat24:

Her Campus VCU member Saiounia Hughley is also a representative for Yelp Eat24 and she hosted a bonding event for our team with delicious food and cute boxers!

Popsicle Tabling:

In an effort to beat the heat, the Her Campus VCU team handed out popsicles to students in the compass.

Slamnesty!:

Her Campus VCU co-hosted this year’s Slamnesty event with the VCU chapter of Amnesty International. Some of our members even performed at the event!

Outside of Her Campus Events: The girls of Her Campus VCU aren’t just hanging out because we “have to,” many of the girls found themselves hanging out and doing things throughout the year. 

Halloween

Christmas

Finals Week

Birthdays

Friday Nights

Basketball Games

Interested in becoming a part of our team and a part of the fun next year? Watch our page this summer for applications and contact vcu@hercampus.com!

Jessica is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at VCU, a Chapter Advisor and a retired Campus Expansion Assistant. She will graduate in May 2017, earning Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies. Her core areas of study include photography, journalism and media studies. In addition to school and her work with Her Campus, Jessica works at her university library as an information associate.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!