To The Guy Who Told My Best Friend She Isn’t Good Enough

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Wait…what did you do? You told her she wasn’t good enough? Are you delusional?

I’m sure you will learn this lesson yourself very soon, but I guess I will tell you anyways; you have just made the biggest mistake of your life.  I give it a maximum of two weeks before you drop your ego and text her asking for a second chance. 

You will text her when you realize there is nobody else who will wait for you to get off work to text you and ask you how your day went. She knew your bad days from your good and your stressful weeks from your easy weeks. The effort she made to take care of you and help you is irreplaceable. Even your friends knew how lucky you were when she showed up with coffee while you were studying, so I guess it was only you who didn’t see her effort.

You will text her when she posts a bomb selfie on Instagram. Every single one of her pictures will remind you of how beautiful she is. You will miss her radiant smile and confidence. What will scare you the most is seeing other guys liking her picture and commenting heart eyes.

You will text her when you’ll see her out with friends having a good time. You might be shopping alone or running some errands, but the minute she walks by laughing and having fun with some friends you will miss her.  You’ll remember the times you both went shopping and she helped you pick out clothes. You hung the ones you didn’t want to try on back on the rack, but she always found them again, and somehow everything she picked out looked good on you. She just knew you.

You will text her when you’ll see her giving everything she gave to you, to someone else. Don’t worry, she’s happy with him, well I guess you should worry then; her friends love him, he surprises her and most importantly, he appreciates her. The thing is, you never thought about her with someone else; you assumed she would wait, and the minute you regretted leaving her she would be yours again.

You told her to change what she wears, change her friends and fix her flaws; you told her she wasn’t good enough. And for a brief moment, you made her believe you. It took all the old people in her life who love her and someone new with love to give to change her mind and bring her smile back.

So before you text her and ask for a second chance, change yourself and fix your flaws. As of right now, YOU are not good enough. 

Sincerely,

Her Best Friend

Amritha Nair is a double major in Psychology and Business Management at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is a member of many organizations on campus including greek life and numerous philanthropic organizations. Her writing has always been an outlet for her; her favorite pieces to write are short stories and poems that usually reflect personal experience or are inspired by other works of art. Other than writing, Amritha loves to swim, shop online, read, and binge watch shows on Netflix. Her heart lies with her family, close friends, and ice cream. You can follow her on twitter and Instagram at amrithanair16!
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!