Greek of the Week: Carolyn Todd from Alpha Omicron Pi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

This week’s Greek of the Week is Alpha Omicron Pi’s Carolyn Todd!

Carolyn Todd

Sorority: Alpha Omicron Pi

Chapter: Rho Beta

Position: General member, serves on Activities Committee

Mascot/symbol: Panda, jacqueminot rose, sheaf of wheat 

Motto: Exceed the Expectation 

Colors: Cardinal Red 

Quick Facts About Carolyn: 

Age: 19

Major: Art Foundation 

Year: Freshman 

Hometown: Indianapolis, Indiana 

Relationship Status: Single 

Carolyn’s Favorites:

Color: Lavender, Pink, Black

Animal: Dogs, especially Great Danes

TV shows: How I Met Your Mother, Gilmore Girls

Store/designer: Free People, Patagonia, Urban Outfitters, Vineyard Vines

Biggest role model: 

My biggest role model is my mom. She was the one who raised me. She tries her hardest at everything she does and is always trying to help people.

Why did you choose to join a sorority?

I moved to VCU from Indiana and didn’t know anybody. I figured this was the best way to meet people.

What is something that is unique about your sorority?

We’re super diverse. We’re not the same person. There’s a lot of variety in majors, styles, personalities and the activities we’re involved in.

What is one of your favorite events your sorority does?

Run for Roses! It’s a 5k philanthropy event where we raise money for the Arthritis Foundation. We had our very first one this past fall and it was a cool experience to be a part of.

Describe a time where your sisters were really there for you. 

My family in AOII (classy fam) has get togethers/family nights where we just hangout and spend quality time together. They’re always there for me when I need them.

How do you respond to people who have a negative view on greek life?  

Everybody has their own opinions. Greek life isn’t for everybody and that’s fine. Everybody should give it a chance though. In my experience with Greek life, it hasn’t been superficial or followed that negative stereotype we see in movies.

How has your sorority changed your college experience?

It keeps me busy with the different activities we do. I’ve met so many people from various organizations through the philanthropy and campus events they host.

What are some things you like to do in your free time?

I like to go out with my sisters. I’m really talkative, so I socialize a lot! I also enjoy photography. When I’m not doing that or working on my art projects, I spend a lot of my free time doing homework.

What is your favorite spot in Richmond?

There’s a hill that overlooks Richmond that I love going to. My sister Kristina brought me there and it’s beautiful!

What is your dream job? 

My dream job is to own a coffee/bar type of shop or become a fashion photographer. 

Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!