Fashion Struggles for People Who Don’t Have Small Boobs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

For people who don’t have small boobs, we’ve all had that moment when we’re in our desired clothing stores, and we stumble across the perfect top. We think, “I can’t wait to try this on!” and then, after further investigation, it’s usually followed by feelings of uncertainty, like “…But will it fit my boobs, though?” As we proceed to make the long walk to the dressing room, we begin to pray to the fashion gods that the top fits, and silently curse the people who made the clothing so small, knowing good and well that not every girl wears an A or B cup. Show some love to the rest of us! Here is a list of problems that may seem all too familiar:

1. The cute, low-cut top

This top is so cute, you can already visualize what bottoms and accessories to wear with it. The only problem is, if you were to wear it as opposed to, say, someone with a little less up top, it may automatically become too suggestive, or, you may have to try to figure out how to wear a bra with it without it showing. Ugh.

2. The infamous crop top 

Sometimes, it’d be nice to wear a top on a summer day without having to worry about what kind of bra to wear underneath. But alas, the struggle of having bigger boobs strikes again. There’s no way you could comfortably wear a crop top without a bra unless it’s one of the skin tight ones.

3. Finding the perfect bikini top 

It always seems that a small or medium in the bottoms fit just fine, but the top is always another story.  If you’re hunting for something cute during swimsuit season, make sure that the two don’t come as a set because chances are that you’ll be greatly disappointed.  Also, string bikinis? Yeah, no. Not unless you want to look like you stepped out of Sports Illustrated.

4. Bodysuits without a back

How sway? I wouldn’t dare step outside without extra support. It sounds like way too much of a gamble. Although the open back look is always cute, boobs without support aren’t a look, unless it’s tight enough to hold the girls in place.

5. Certain flowy shirts 

We all know that they’re super comfortable, but sometimes wearing shirts that are too loose-fitting give the illusion that your stomach is bloated. Again, such a struggle.

One day, maybe the fashion industry will wake up and realize that we all aren’t the same bra size. Hopefully.

Brezaja is a sophomore studying film in the School of the Arts at Virginia Commonwealth University. When not writing articles for Her Campus at VCU, you can usually find them endlessly browsing Netflix or checking social media, mostly Instagram and Twitter. They try to be as open-minded as possible, and don't mind having conversations with others about social issues. After college, they dream of being an art director for films.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!