Everything You Need to Know About VCU Ram Safe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Cities can be intimidating, but this shouldn’t stop you from getting involved around campus. When you do get involved, your organization may have late-night meetings or events. If you don’t have a car or a buddy to walk to the event with, you should take advantage of VCU’s Ram Safe Shuttle. It’s simple to use and a lot safer than walking alone at night! If you aren’t sure what Ram Safe is or you don’t know how to use it, keep on reading. 

What is Ram Safe?

Ram Safe is a free, VCU shuttle for students that operates from 5 p.m. to 8 a.m. Monday through Sunday. The shuttle service is offered on both the Monroe Park campus and the MCV campus. The shuttle will also go cross campus for students who need to get to MCV or MPC and don’t feel comfortable waiting for the Ram Ride after 5 p.m.

Where are the boundaries for Ram Safe?

For the MCV Campus:

For Monroe Park:

How do I make a request?

Making a request for a Ram Safe is simple. If you have the VCU Mobile app, you’ll want to follow the following steps:

1. Click on the Ram Safe icon in the VCU Mobile app.

2. Login with your VCU eID and password.

3. Choose your pick up location, drop-off location and how many passengers need a ride; VCU students are allowed two guests. Make sure your phone number is correct.

4. You will be taken through a series of steps: the screen will let you know that your request was received, a driver will be assigned to you and once the driver is assigned you will receive a call.

5. The app allows you to track your ride so you’ll have an idea of how long it will take to arrive.

6. Once your driver is near, you will receive a second call, alerting you that the van is near.

7. You MUST have your VCU ID in order to get on. 

Where should I wait for my Ram Safe?

You should wait inside for your Ram Safe and only go out when your ride has arrived. If you do not have the VCU app – I advise you to download it – you can call 828-7233 to make a request. You won’t be able to track your ride but you will receive two calls. You can also make a request online at ramsafe.vcu.edu.

The most important thing to remember is to stay safe and make smart choices. I hope this helps you ladies! Stay safe Rams. 

HCXO 

All images and information, courtesy of VCU Parking and Transportation. More information about Ram Safe and other VCU transportation services can be found there. 

Jocelin is a sophomore at Virginia Commonwealth University where she is studying print journalism with a minor in general business. In between classes and work, she enjoys drinking coffee, watching Netflix, and working out. She hopes to one day be the editor-in-chief of a magazine and live in NYC. She is a Pinterest enthusiast and loves DIY projects.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!