8 Thoughts Upperclassmen Had During Welcome Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

VCU Welcomed in the Class of 2019 last week. The week was filled with tons of fun for new students, but here are the things going through upperclassmen’s thoughts:

1. Holy cow, why are there so many people? 

There are never this many people at the gym! Where did they all come from?

2. Oh, that’s right. It’s Welcome Week.

I guess that’s cool. It’s only a week right? They’ll get used to the campus somehow, hopefully quickly. 

3. I wonder what I can get for free today. I know there’s free food somewhere!

Might as well make the most of it, right?

4. Are there always this many new students?

And why do they always travel in packs?

5. Was I this clueless when I came to VCU?

Probably not, right? Man, they’re sort of annoying. They’ll get better. 

6. LEARN TO CROSS THE STREET! 

Dear God, I almost hit one! You cross when the little man tells you to – not in front of incoming traffic!

7. Well I guess we all go through this.

I don’t know how I got through it without my friends. They’re in for a great experience here. VCU is the best.

8. I’m going to miss this place when I graduate.

These freshmen don’t know how lucky they are.

21 || VBVA || Psychology || FACT@VCUAngie Ellorin is a senior at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is studying Psychology and eventually hopes to pursue a masters in Education. In her free time, Angie enjoy taking naps, watching Gossip Girl, and online shopping. She is the adopted mother of a beautiful African elephant named Elliot. Her favorite thing about Her Campus is meeting and being inspired by all the other empowering young women. 
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!