6 Ways to Stay Organized Towards the End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

You can see the light at end of the tunnel; the semester is almost over! Time for papers, finals and late nights at the library. Don’t let the craziness get the best of you, here are some tips to make sure you’re organized no matter what: 

1. Get a planner/agenda

A planner or agenda is essential for planning ahead and giving you peace of mind. Write down events and things that are due as soon as you learn about them so you won’t be surprised when the time comes. Always look at your planner or agenda a week ahead of time so you know what to expect.

2.  Schedule things on your phone calendar

Since we constantly are on our phones and have them on us, it only makes sense to schedule events or due dates on your phone as well. Your phone will remind you when you have an event the next day so you won’t forget and therefore you’ll be prepared!

3. Make to-do lists

To-do lists are necessary to get through college. Make to-do lists for your day, your week and even your month! You can never have enough to do lists and it’s the best feeling when you can scratch something off.

4. Arrange your textbooks

Arrange your textbooks in stacks according to what day/time they are on. That way you can grab your books, put them in your backpack and head off!

5. Prepare the night before

Getting things done the night before a busy day means more time to cuddle with your coffee in bed the next morning. Prepare yourself by doing easy things like packing your backpack, choosing your outfit, making a to do list and setting your alarm. This way you’re organized and ready to take on your day when you wake up. 

6. Have Post-it notes

You never know when you’ll need a Post-it note to write something down fast! Write reminders down when you have to do something or bring something the next day, place it on your nightstand so when you wake up you’ll be instantly reminded!

Staying organized is vital in college, especially during the chaos of finals and the end of the semester. Make your life a little easier and get organized! 

Ashley is a Senior at Virginia Commmonwealth University majoring in mass communications concentrating in print & online journalism. She is the Senior Editor for Her Campus at VCU and a member of the Society of Professional Journalists at VCU. She is an avid coffee drinker, dog lover and dreamer. She hopes to one day be a reporter for a newspaper, magazine, or an online version of the two.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!