6 Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

It’s Halloween weekend and your friend just texted you about a costume party that Friday night. You’ve already worn out all of the costumes you bought and actually put thought into. So what do you do? It’s time to rummage through your closet and search for something, anything that could actually resemble a costume. It’s a good thing that last minute Halloween costumes aren’t the hardest thing to come up with. If you’re planning on going to a costume party this Halloween without the slightest clue of what you’re going to wear, consider these quick last minute costume ideas.

Cowgirl

I’m not saying you have to look just like Carrie Underwood, but every girl should own at least one plaid shirt. Throw that on with denim shorts and a pair of cowgirl boots and you’re golden. To make it a little spicier, wear a cowgirl hat and curl your hair. It’s easy to put together and no one will ever guess it was last minute.

Cat 

Do you have eyeliner? Do you own any article of clothing that’s black? If you answered yes to these questions, then you got yourself a cat costume. Search YouTube for one of the hundreds of cat makeup video tutorials and throw on a flattering all-black outfit. I promise you will look like a cat.

Walk of Shame 

Nobody wants to be dressed up as the “Walk of Shame,” but if it’s a quick and easy costume to put together then why not? Borrow your boyfriend or guy friend’s dress shirt (make sure it’s long on you) and throw on a pair of heels. Hopefully no one will mistake you as the real Walk of Shame because your costume will be just that good.

Nerd 

If you’re already a nerd, then play it up even more! A nerd is another fast and easy costume idea to put together. All you need is a vintage school girl skirt and white stockings. They’re also very easy to find. Pair that with a pair of big eyeglasses and you’re good to go.

Mummy 

Everyone should have toilet paper in their house, and if not, then that’s a bigger issue. The two most important things you need for this costume is toilet paper (obvi) and tape. Check out this website on how to put this costume together and get prepared to turn heads all night.

Regina George 

You don’t have to have long blonde hair and a pretty face in order to be Regina George. All you need is a tank top (preferably one you don’t care about) and a pair of scissors. Make two boob-circle cutouts and you got yourself a Regina George. If you don’t get it, you haven’t seen Mean Girls.

Hello! My name is Noura Bayoumi and I am a senior at Virginia Commonwealth University. I am studying print journalism with a minor in English. In my free time, I like to explore the city, spend time with my friends and family, and go outdoors.
Sarah is a Mass Communications student at VCU with a concentration in Online/Print Journalism. She is passionate about veganism, traveling, music, health and fitness. Her plans after graduation are to move to NYC and work within the journalism field.