sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Cheap Valentine’s Day Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Broke on Valentine’s Day? Her Campus has some fun, creative and cheap ideas for Valentine’s Day. You don’t have to break the bank on Valentine’s Day to impress your significant other! Sometimes you or your loved ones are flat-out broke, but that doesn’t mean that Valentine’s has to be a bust. 

Make a scrapbook:

This commemorates your time together; it can be pictures, old texts, letters, emails, cards, old movies stubs, menus…anything.

Make dinner:

Instead of shelling out money for an expensive dinner at a restaurant, just transform your humble abode into a fine dining experience.

Couple’s massage:

No need to make reservations at a spa — just set-up your own!  All you need is some massaging oil and your hands. Have some nice music to set the ambiance and some have fun.

Write a song/Make a mix CD:

If you can play an instrument or write well, you can write your significant other a song or if you are not musically gifted, then you can create a mix CD with songs that convey your feelings.

Go “camping”:

February is not known for being particularly warm, but you can setup a tent and have a mock camping site. Grab some blankets and some snacks and trade some stories around the “campfire.”

Make a scavenger hunt:

Create a scavenger hunt around the city or in the comfort of your own home.

No need to dread the coming of Valentine’s Day knowing that it will leave you financially depleted! With some crafty thinking and limited funds, you can make it an occasion for your boyfriend or girlfriend to remember. 

Photo Credits:

Cover Photo: Student Universe

Photo 1: Scrapbook.com

Photo 2: BEE

Photo 3: Body Work Unbound

Photo 4: Vintage Inspired Clothing

Photo 5: Nick and Marlee

Photo 6: Mister B and Me

A writer with a penchant for alliteration, fervent fan of of Lost who still can't accept that it's over, voracious reader, lover of literature, and Netflix enthusiast.  Say hi on Twitter @kiarasharee
Sarah is a Mass Communications student at VCU with a concentration in Online/Print Journalism. She is passionate about veganism, traveling, music, health and fitness. Her plans after graduation are to move to NYC and work within the journalism field.