yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

The 5 People You Meet on Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

1. The Basic B*tch

If you’ve seen Mean Girls, you know what I’m talking about. Whether it’s a cowgirl, nurse, cat or a ninja, some girls will always find a way to take the costume to the next level. It’s tradition. Plus, it is the one day of the year where everyone gets a “ONE DAY FREE PASS” to dress however they want, so we might as well take advantage.

2. That One Person Who Goes All Out 

There’s always that one person who spends longer than they should planning a costume. Here comes another Mean Girls reference, ‘cause why not? Remember when Cady walked into the party wearing that horrific bride costume? Yeah, that.

3. The “I don’t care about Halloween” Guy/Girl

This is the person who doesn’t spend any effort buying or making a costume and shows up to a Halloween party completely dressed like themselves. The worst part? They think it’s clever and original. Wrong. People who don’t want to dress up for Halloween should stay home and watch Halloweentown over and over again on ABC Family.

4. Someone Who Will Offend Everyone 

Let me just take a wild guess and say that someone will dress up like an Ebola patient. That is all.

5. The Girl Who Dresses Like a Cat Every Year 

I have to admit that I have been guilty of this in the past. It’s just that being a cat is so easy; all you have to do is throw on cat ears, a tail and draw some whiskers on your face with eyeliner. It’s quick and will still look like you put a lot of effort in your costume.

Hello! My name is Noura Bayoumi and I am a senior at Virginia Commonwealth University. I am studying print journalism with a minor in English. In my free time, I like to explore the city, spend time with my friends and family, and go outdoors.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!