ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Inexpensive DIY Christmas Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

It’s that time of year again… 

The time where you have to go to a million stores, get annoyed by pushy people while shopping and lose your mind when you find the perfect gift but look at the price tag.

Don’t let the stress of finding someone a gift get to you. Here are a few inexpensive gift ideas you can make for a friend, or that special someone. 

1. Candy in a jar

You can’t possibly go wrong with food-related gifts! Everyone loves food. Just fill a jar with an assortment of candy, or bake a dessert and put it in a cute container. Simple and easy. 

2.  Framed picture

You just need to get a picture frame and a picture of whatever you want! You can then add decorations on the side or paint the frame. Here’s how to recreate this frame.      

3. Knitted scarf

‘Tis the season to learn a new craft! Buy some yarn and some knitting needles, then get to work. Here are some instructional videos to help you get started. This will show your loved ones how much you care because you took the time to hand-make something. 

4. Decorated mug

This is super cute! Get inexpensive mugs at the dollar store and add decorations as desired. You can also buy some hot chocolate to add to the gift to make it more Christmas-related. Here’s a how-to guide to help! 

5. Reindeer beer

This is great for a last minute gift idea! Buy a case of beer, googly eyes, pipe cleaner and red fluff balls. Use pipe cleaners and bend them to the shape you desire and glue them on the to back of the bottle to make antlers. To finish, add the eyes and red nose. This takes minimal effort and it looks adorable.   

Casey is a Senior at Virginia Commonwealth University studying broadcast journalism with a minor in general business.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!