neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Confidence Boosters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Being comfortable in your own skin can be the hardest thing sometimes. Bad hair days, bloating and acne gets the best of us, and although it might feel like nothing can possibly get you out of this self-conscious slump, there are actually a few things that can help immediately.

Look in the Mirror and strike YOUR pose.

This might sound ridiculous and pointless, but looking in the mirror and striking a pose is known to be a self-confidence booster, but not just any pose, your pose.  Your pose is that one pose that makes you look good in any lighting or from any angle. For example, Khloe Kardashian continues to slay in all her Instagram pictures, and if you look carefully you can tell that she has a couple specific postures and poses that she uses to look her best. Doing your pose makes you see yourself in the best way possible, immediately building your confidence.

Work out!

A couple stationary workouts or a few miles on the treadmill will help your mood. Exercising releases endorphins, which are chemicals that interact with the receptors in your brain to reduce pain and automatically making you feel happier. Although that is the scientific reason why exercise helps you feel more positive, we can all agree that there is just something about the days we go to the gym that makes us feel undefeatable.

Dress up!

Unless your sweatpants and sweatshirts are by a high-end designer, there is not much possibility that you could feel confident in them.  So take a few extra minutes and put together a cute outfit that shows off your best features. Add a cute pair of booties or wedges to pull your outfit together and you’re ready to face the day head on!

Treat yourself.

Everyone deserves a little pampering once in a while; whether that means taking a break from your strict diet to indulge in some ice cream or getting a manicure and pedicure with a few friends. Making yourself feel special is the perfect way to build up your confidence.

Listen to Positive Music

We all know how a good majority of modern music is not entirely positive, but listening to the select number of songs created to put you in a better mood and inspire you can really make your whole day brighter. Here are just a few to give you a head start on your playlist:

1)   Fight Song – Rachel Platten

2)   Stronger – Kelly Clarkson

3)   King of Anything – Sara Bareilles

4)   Brave – Sara Bareilles

5)   Pocketful of Sunshine – Natasha Bedingfield

Amritha Nair is a double major in Psychology and Business Management at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is a member of many organizations on campus including greek life and numerous philanthropic organizations. Her writing has always been an outlet for her; her favorite pieces to write are short stories and poems that usually reflect personal experience or are inspired by other works of art. Other than writing, Amritha loves to swim, shop online, read, and binge watch shows on Netflix. Her heart lies with her family, close friends, and ice cream. You can follow her on twitter and Instagram at amrithanair16!
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!