4 Things Every VCU Student Should Do To Stay Sane During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Her Campus knows how stressful finals week can be so they sent HC chapters across the nation Finals Survival Kits full of goodies from Chipotle free burrito cards to TRESemmé hair products! Here are four things we should all remember during finals week:

1. Stay Healthy

It’s flu season and finals week — two of the most dreaded times of the year. Nobody wants to be sick while studying for exams so it’s important for collegiettes to remember to stay healthy and hydrated. Our lovely sponsor Camelbak sent us a cute water bottle to keep us hydrated. Not only is it pink, but also spill-proof! Perfect for running around campus! Our sponsor Cold-EEZE sent us cold remedy samples for when we start to feel under the weather. They’re awesome for shortening a cold or giving you that little boost of energy you need to support you through the week.

2. Carry Snacks

College students often forget to eat when they’re too busy stressing out about exams. Keep snacks close by to fill you up between meals. We got some great snacks from our sponsors Kettle Brand, Chipotle and LUNA. We were lucky enough to get multiple Kettle Brand ‘Hey Neighbor’ Kits that included a tote bag filled with salt and pepper chips and maple bacon popcorn with a get-to-know your neighbor introduction card! Chipotle was also kind enough to send us several BOGO burrito cards for those days we don’t have time to make ourselves meals. LUNA gave us a whole box full of their holiday flavor Chocolate Peppermint Stick! Not only are these the perfect on-the-go snack, but they’re also delicious and healthy.

3. Look Good, Feel Good

Finals week usually means sweats, no makeup and your hair tied back. It’s easy for collegiettes to start slacking in the appearance department once finals rolls around, but thanks to our sponsors, we can stay fashionable while taking our exams. BaubleBar sent us the cutest bracelet with “#obsessed” spelled with alphabet beads — as in we’re now #obsessed with BaubleBar!

Finals week hair is not a pretty sight so TRESemmé hooked us up with travel-sized hairsprays for those crazy flyaways and 7 Day Keratin Smooth samples! Nobody feels very sexy during finals week, but with Cosabella’s “Never Say Never Cutie Lowrider” thongs, you can! These undies come in various colors that’ll be sure to boost your mood. We also got some awesome Hello Opportunity cards and Chain & Charcoal sent us a $20 gift card to order anything from their College Catwalk Collection! We could all use some retail therapy during finals week.

4. Stay Motivated

Sometimes it can be difficult to stay motivated when studying for exams is so overwhelming and frustrating. Bayer Healthcare sent us inspirational and educational packets about The Timeline Project. The Timeline Project is an interactive website for women to share their inspirations, dreams, write about their passions and goals, and turn them into realities! Check out the website here.

Her Campus VCU would like to send a huge thank you to Her Campus and our amazing sponsors for our Finals Week Survival Kit goodies! Good luck to everyone taking their finals! Here’s to a great last few days of the semester and a stress-free winter break!

Kristina Hipolito is a Chesapeake native and a sophomore at Virginia Commonwealth University. As a Mass Communications major with a concentration in Public Relations, she has a passion for writing, traveling, and event planning. Her aspirations include one day moving to the big city and working in either the entertainment travel/leisure, or media industry as a PR Professional, Marketing Coordinator, or Event Planner. In her spare time, you can find her on campus running to her next meeting or updating her multiple social networking sites. Follow her on Twitter @ktinaah or read her blog kristinahipolito.blogspot.com!
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!