20 Thoughts a College Student Has During Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Thanksgiving break: a time for family, football, lots of food and, for college students, near-constant inquiries about their health and well-being. Here’s some of the thoughts that might pass through a collegiette’s mind during Thanksgiving break:

1. OMG BED OMG FOOD OMG BEDDDDDDDDD!

2. How many times am I going to have to answer the same question? NO I DON’T HAVE A BOYFRIEND. COLLEGE IS FINE. I’M FINE. EVERYTHING’S FINE. FINE.

3. There is not enough wine in the world to get me through all the small talk this week.

4. Please don’t ask about my grades. Please.

5. Do you want to see me cry? I’ll cry if you ask about my grades.

6. Who is this person and why is she in my house?

7. You haven’t seen me since I was thiiiiis tall? Interesting. I’ve never seen you before in my life so there’s that.

8. The more you comment on my weight gain this semester the more I’m going to tune you out and continue to eat my weight in pie this week, KTHXBYE.

9. I have two options: I could be smart and get ahead on my homework for next week and finals week, oooooor I could binge watch all of Gossip Girl (again). 

10. Netflix it is!

11. Probably going to regret this, but I deserve a break!

12. I wish I could still sit at the kids table…look how happy and carefree they are.

13. Did they SERIOUSLY just ask if I want leftovers? I’m a broke college student. I will never say no to free food again.

14. Black Friday is really a terrible thing after we spent all day being thankful for what we have… but hell yeah SALES!

15. Yes, I DO need three new shirts and new lotion and new boots and three pairs of jeans. Let’s not worry about how they’re gonna fit in my suitcase.

16. I don’t wanna go back to college….It’s fun and all but finals are hard and my bed is soft.

17. Seriously why did I ever take home-cooked meals for granted?

18. No, I still don’t have a boyfriend Dad. No, I don’t know why.

19. My family is the best. They might ask the same questions and talk about politics a lot, but they’re pretty great.

20. NO I AM NOT READY FOR FINALS GRANDMA.

Emily is a part-time coffee addict and a full-time English and Public Relations student at Virginia Commonwealth University. She enjoys all things punny, intersectional feminism, Chrissy Teigen's tweets and considers herself a bagel & schmear connoisseur. You can probably find her either listening to the Hamilton soundtrack or binge watching The Office for the thousandth time
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!