11 Things I Want to Say to My Professors Right About Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

The end of the semester is approaching, and the workload is getting intense. The closer we get to summer, the more work our teachers give us. There’s a long list of things I’d like my teachers to know.

1. Your class is not the only class I’m taking.

For some odd reason teachers assign countless homework assignments as if there class is the only one you’re enrolled in for the semester.

2. It’s too late in the semester for a group project.

I don’t know why teachers think it’s okay to assign projects this late in the game, and group projects at that. Now not only do you have to worry about your own work getting completed, but now a portion of your attention has to go to making sure your partners are doing their part of the project as well.

3. We have four weeks left, what do you mean “at least two more tests”?

I barely found the time to study for our last exam we just had and now you’re telling me I have to worry about studying for two more.

4. Slow down and go over this exam slowly!

Exam prep day is just as important, if not more important than a regular class day. It’s the day classmates you’ve never even seen before show up and need to be caught up to speed on material you learned in past few weeks.

5. Just because you didn’t teach us every chapter you were supposed to, please don’t rush through this lecture.

Professors slow down, I’m here listening but I’m barely understanding. Please slow down and repeat everything you say at least twice for me to even begin to understand the material.

6. Is there an extra credit opportunity?

The next best thing to an exam in these critical times, is an extra credit assignment. We value extra credit more than sleep the closer the semester comes to a close.  

7. Why haven’t you posted any of our grades yet?

The class drop period has passed, but in good faith I stayed in the class. But now I’d like to know where I stand academically in this class. The suspense is killing me.

8. Are we even following the syllabus anymore?

With the interruption of various snow days and reading days I genuinely have no clue if you are even following the syllabus anymore.

9. So are you going to curve the final exam grade or…….?

There’s always one class that you find yourself practically begging your professor for a grade save, hoping he or she is willing to curve that high C to a B.  Sometimes instead of curving the grade, your teacher just curves you instead leaving the grade as is.

10. I’m just here so that my attendance grade doesn’t drop.

At this point you begin to realize how badly you planned your schedule, while all of your peers are outside sun bathing on the lawn you’re in class writing about fashion, history, texting in class, watching movies, or doing the math to quantify the lack of social life you have.  

11. I was going to take a nap after this class, but now that I have eight different projects to do. I guess I’ll just sleep next year.

Napping seems like such a great pastime at this point in your life and the closer you get to the last day of class the more you begin to value sleep or the lack there of even more. 

Saiounia is a 20 year old Broadcast Journalism major studying at Virginia Commonwealth University. Her name is pronounced (Say-oh-knee-uhh). She is originally from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Saiounia is a food junkie and loves adventure. In her spare time she can be found at local food festivals and family owned coffee shops.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!