11 Signs You’re a Purse Addict

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

To a purse addict, there is no such thing as too many purses. You treat your purses like children and you become emotionally attached to them. You can never get rid of any purses and are always on the lookout for a new one. Some people may think purses are too expensive, but you would do and pay anything to get your hands on designer handbags. You know you’re a purse addict when… 

1.  You ever have enough storage for all of your purses

You have multiple storage bins for all of your purses, but you can barely close the bins. You’re bursting with purses that date back to your preteen years, but you can’t bear to throw them away. They were your sidekicks at certain points of your life, and you’re loyal. 

2.  You find yourself looking at purses even when you can’t afford one

You spent all your money on rent and food, but it can’t hurt to look right? Sure you have plenty of purses already, but you could always find one you like and get it next time.

3. You have a huge purse with hardly anything in it

You just bought this fabulous huge purse, also known as a “tote”. It can hold anything your heart desires, but you mostly just put your essentials in it. It’s always good to carry water bottles and food when needed. 

4. You had a million dress up purses when you were younger

You loved playing dress up and accessorizing with dress up purses as a child. You would copy your mom and carry your purse whenever you went out. 

5. You basically cry when you go into any high end handbag store

These stores feel like heaven to you and the purses are the angels. They are all so beautiful, shiny and hypnotizing. You just walk around the store in awe, even if you’ve seen all of the purses before.

6. You are always looking for a new purse even if you just got one

Sure you just got a new purse a month ago, and it cost quite a bit of money, but it’ll get old really quick. You look down the purse aisle and someone you are with says: “But didn’t you just get a new purse?”

7.  You always have to go down the purse aisle at Target and Ross

Every time you go to either of these stores, looking at their purses is inevitable. Their purses are so cute and reasonably priced; therefore, it doesn’t make you feel as awful that you’re glancing and possibly buying.

8. You carry everything you could possibly need in your purse

You’re either the type to carry barely anything or you carry your life in your purse. Everything you or your friend’s could need is in your bag. Snacks, water, medicine, feminine products, make up, etc. Your friends always know who to come to for the pain medicine or cough drops.

9.  You get excited when you see your purse twin

Seeing someone who has the same purse as you confirms that there is someone who is just as obsessed. You smile at them and say “nice purse!” whilst giving them a thumbs up, hopefully they smile back and say “you too!” It’s the ultimate exchange for purse addicts, well besides buying another purse.  

10. Having a purse for any and every occasion

A wedding, party, formal dinner, funeral, first date, etc.…you have the purse for it. You hardly ever have to buy a purse for an event because your purses are so versatile and functional, you just go into your storage of purses and pick your poison.

11.  Everyone comes to you to borrow a purse  

Your friends sometimes avoid buying a new purse and just go to your closet instead. They have plenty of choices and variety to choose from, plus it’s free. You’re okay with it, as long as you get your baby back when they are done. You never know when you might need it.

Your purse holds your life in it, everything you could possibly need in one fabulous and fashionable handbag. You will continue to look at purses even when you already have the perfect one, you keep coming back for more, but keep doing you with your endless cycle of purses. 

Ashley is a Senior at Virginia Commmonwealth University majoring in mass communications concentrating in print & online journalism. She is the Senior Editor for Her Campus at VCU and a member of the Society of Professional Journalists at VCU. She is an avid coffee drinker, dog lover and dreamer. She hopes to one day be a reporter for a newspaper, magazine, or an online version of the two.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!