10 TV Shows and Movies to Binge Watch on HBO Go

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

HBO GO has been my go-to lately for binge watching TV shows and movies. I absolutely love how many new shows and movies are available and the fact that I can watch them through the HBO GO app on my Apple TV. HBO GO has the latest hit movies and TV shows before a lot of other streaming companies, and HBO GO gives me more of the biggest and latest movies first. HBO GO also gives me unlimited and instant access to all HBO series from addictive shows and hilarious comedies to big blockbusters and thought-provoking documentaries. If you need some shows and movies to watch instead of studying for midterms, here are my top 10 shows and movies to binge watch on HBO Go:

1. “Sex and The City”

“Sex and The City” is a classic series to binge watch literally whenever. Bored? Binge watch. Tired? Binge watch. Have a test the next morning? Binge watch. Watch as Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha navigate through relationships and life in NYC. “Sex and The City” is my all-time favorite TV series to watch. 

2. “Fifty Shades Darker”

Didn’t this movie like just come out? And it’s already on HBO Go? Yes, yes it is. I absolutely loved “Fifty Shades of Gray” and I loved “Fifty Shades Darker” even more. This movie is a staple for any date night with your SO or just a girl’s night in!

3. “Last Week Tonight With John Oliver”

I’ll admit, I don’t really watch the news that often (or at all). In fact, I don’t even have any new channels because I don’t have cable — I just have HBO Go. But, HBO Go does have “Last Week Tonight With John Oliver”, which is one of my favorite ways to stay up to date on national and worldwide news. John Oliver is creative and funny and always has me laughing during every episode. 

4. “Lights Out”

“Lights Out” is a really suspenseful horror/thriller to watch since it’s October. Watch this movie by yourself if you’re brave enough or with friends for a fun Halloween movie night!

5. “The Breakfast Club”

“The Breakfast Club” is a staple piece movie that will never get old. “The Breakfast Club” can be watched any day of the week and any time of the year. Everybody loves this classic 80’s movie.

6. “Good Will Hunting”

Another classic I had to add to the list, because lets’ just face it: older movies are better. “Good Will Hunting” is a great movie that has great meaning behind it. Definitely one to watch.

7. “Big Little Lies”

I just started watching this show and it is amazing! It’s so entertaining as well as relatable. Definitely a must watch.

8. “Game of Thrones”

You didn’t think I was going to leave “Game of Thrones” out, right? “Game of Thrones” has been everybody’s obsession ever since the series came out. If you haven’t already seen it, I highly recommend you do. It’s a great, captivating series with lots of twists and turns. 

9. “Silicon Valley”

Silicon Valley is a hilarious newish show, focusing on the lives of five guys who just started their own company in Silicon Valley, CA. Without HBO Go I would have never fallen in love with binge watching “Silicon Valley”.  

10. “Why Him?”

My last pick to binge watch is “Why Him?” “Why Him?” is a great comedy to watch any night of the week. It’s a more recent movie that is super relatable to everyone – from dad’s to daughters, you’ll love this movie! 

If you’re in college, visit HBOGo.com to see if your school has access to free HBO Go on campus. Click on sign in and look for your school in the drop-down menu. If your school isn’t included, you can go to HBONOW.com/student for an exclusive student offer. Everybody needs HBO Go to find new go-to shows and date night movies!

HBO also offers a wide range of products from cups to pajama pants on their website. And make sure to follow HBO on social media for information on how to enter a giveaway where you could win tickets to a star-studded charity event: the Night of Too Many Stars!

Photo credits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and cover photo by Logan Bogert

Meagan is a Junior at Virginia Commonwealth University obtaining a degree in bachelor of Science (B.S) with a concentration in Health Science. Meagan would describe herself as a free spirit whose goal in life is to be happy. She is interested in natural and organic beauty products and enjoys fashion and makeup. Although she does not label herself as vegan, she tries to eat mostly plant-based. Meagan's career goal is to be a health and wellness writer for a company. She will be graduation in the year 2020. Currently, Meagan is an active She enjoys all things natural beauty and sustainability. She was born and raised in Northern Virginia where she lived with her Mom, Dad, and older brother who attends Virginia Tech.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!