This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Every year when Christmas time comes around, you may be left wondering what on Earth to get your best friend. Some years your bank account is looking great, and other times it’s looking dry. Check out these awesome BFF gift ideas that will work for any budget!

1. Candles 

Candles are a great gift idea for anyone! Unless your BFF is scared of flames, candles are perfect to add to any space. Just think of the different smells your friend loves. Is she a cupcake smell person or does she like tropical smells? Either way, your BFF will love a candle. You can definitely get one at Bath & Body Works or Yankee Candle, but make sure you check out Marshall’s and Ross for some cheap, quality ones.

2. Fuzzy Socks

Socks were never on anyone’s Christmas list, but now they’ve become a necessity. Fuzzy socks are a good gift because they’ll keep your pal’s feet comfy in boots or as they lounge around their place. Socks enriched with aloe and lotion are even more special!

3. Mascara

Drugstore or high end, most gals love mascara. Drug store brands work just as well as some high end brands, so you don’t have to spend a ton on this makeup item. Every girl could use some mascara for when they run out.​

4. Lip gloss 

Lip gloss looks good on anyone and your BFF will love receiving it. You can definitely grab some from the drugstore, but make sure to check out places like Nordstrom Rack, where they have tons of makeup for the low. Sephora and Ulta also have some reasonably priced lip gloss sets too.

5. Lip balm 

Everyone needs some lip balm. It’s the base to any lip look and the remedy for chapped lips. Whether it’s Carmex, EOS or a rose salve tin, your BFF will be grateful for the gift. She will definitely put it to good use and chances are, she just lost her last one.

6. Baked goods in a jar 

There are tons of recipes on Pinterest for different baked goods you can prepare for your pal in a cute, simple mason jar. Whether it’s banana bread or chocolate chip cookies, your friend will be so thankful you’ve already measured all the ingredients for them. Plus, they’ll get to enjoy their baked goodie when they’re ready for it.

7. Lotion

Winter time is upon us all at the end of Christmas, so giving your friend some lotion would be a great idea. Bath & Body Works always has a good deal going on for lotion, but you should always check places like Marshalls and Ross first. They have quality items for way cheaper than anywhere else.

8. Gift cards

Gift cards are always a little bit tricky, because you may not be sure what’s too little of an amount or what’s too much. A $10 gift card is a good start that’ll hit those double digits, but won’t break the bank. You can always aim higher, of course! You can’t go wrong with favorites like Starbucks, Chipotle and Target.

9. A Scarf

You won’t have to guess your BFF’s size if you get them a scarf! They’re usually pretty cheap and no one can have too many of them. Pick a color that’s their favorite if you know it. If you don’t know, pick a neutral color like grey, tan or black. It will be the perfect accessory for the winter months.

10. Touchscreen Gloves

Make it easier for your BFF to text you back and get them some touchscreen gloves! They’ll be able to keep their hands warm and safe, all while still being able to use their phone.

This Christmas, you won’t have to break your bank account to get your BFF a great gift! Choose one item or choose them all, any of these ideas would be perfect for your beloved BFF.

Photo Credits: Cover and 1 by Chelsea Schmidt, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Jasmine Medrano-Guevara is a senior studying print and online journalism at Virginia Commonwealth University. She enjoys laughing at corny jokes, trying new recipes on Pinterest, makeup and writing reviews on Yelp. Jasmine hopes to work for a women's magazine after college. You can follow her on Instagram @jasminemedrano_ !
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!