This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

No stress and all vacation for three months is great. In fact, it’s all we can think about by the time the school year is over, but there are a few things we experience during these wonderful summer months that we’d have to consider downsides.  

Sunburn

We all know the feeling of returning from the beach, looking in the mirror and seeing the section of skin you neglected to put sunscreen on and knowing that the worst is yet to come. Aloe Vera cooling gel has become your best friend, and high-pressure showers have become your enemy.

Sweat

Upper lip sweat becomes part of our daily make-up and outfit. The worst part about sweat is when it’s on someone who does not know what deodorant is!

Car Leather Seats

We can all admit that when the temperature rises, the amount of fabric on our body decreases. Wearing shorts and then sitting on leather seats in a car that’s been sitting in the heat is unbearable, and sadly unavoidable sometimes.

When AC takes a break

It’s the summer time and we all deserve a vacation! All of us, except the air conditioning. God forbid the air-conditioner breaks, you can find yourself standing in the kitchen with the freezer door open.

Sunglasses Tan

We love tanning, but falling asleep while tanning doesn’t just lead to sunburn but it can lead to an awkward sunglasses tan too.

Mosquitos

These blood sucking creatures are everywhere at this time; family barbecues, pool parties and hikes are incomplete without a visit from our lovely vampire friends.

Thigh chafing

Shorts and skirts are practically a summer uniform, but nothing sucks more than having cut your walk on the boardwalk short because of some great summer annual thigh chafing.

Shaving

We complain about shaving already, but why does it feel like our hair grows twice as fast in the summer?

A black wardrobe

If you’re someone who loves wearing black and looks good in black then summer is harsh. The blazing heat and your love for dark colors just don’t mix.

Summer body

The pressure of a bikini body or a beach body is on by the end of April. It can be really hard to give up the sweets and carbs and hit the gym every day. 

Amritha Nair is a double major in Psychology and Business Management at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is a member of many organizations on campus including greek life and numerous philanthropic organizations. Her writing has always been an outlet for her; her favorite pieces to write are short stories and poems that usually reflect personal experience or are inspired by other works of art. Other than writing, Amritha loves to swim, shop online, read, and binge watch shows on Netflix. Her heart lies with her family, close friends, and ice cream. You can follow her on twitter and Instagram at amrithanair16!
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!