This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Even though I describe myself as a girl who likes to spend time putting on makeup and doing her hair, there are some days where I just don’t have the time. My laziness usually seems to catch up with me as the week goes on, and by Friday, it is a miracle that I am even out of bed and looking put-together. If you are interested in my secret to looking great on a Friday, then keep on reading because I have two tricks that are sure to have you looking gorgeous at the end of the week.

My first piece of advice to looking great comes with making sure that your hair looks decent. Many girls like to wait an extra day before they wash their hair, or maybe they won’t even brush it when it nears the end of the week. I am not going to lie and pretend that I haven’t done either of those things, because I most definitely have, but in order to combat the bird’s nest of hair that you may wake up with, you should turn it into a messy bun. As the name implies, a messy bun does not require fresh or even really clean hair. In fact, the dirtier and messier it is, the better.

Achieving a messy bun is extremely easy and takes about a minute to do. The first thing that I do is make sure that I do not brush my hair. Then I will take all of my hair together in one hand and secure it as though I am going to make a ponytail. I will then hold my hair with my left hand, and with my right hand I will start twisting my hair around my left hand until all of the hair is up. I will then secure it with a hair tie. If you have flyaways or extra hair, you may want to use a bobby pin just to make the style look a little more polished. Sometimes I like to pull at the bun in order to make it fuller, but it really depends on how much effort I want to put into the messy bun for the day.

The second part in achieving a put together look quickly has to do with spicing up your makeup. I truly love makeup, but there are some days when I don’t have the time to spend putting it on. I will still use my foundation and blush because those are pretty much staples to me, but instead of doing something creative with my eye shadow, I will do a bold lip color. People don’t realize how little time doing a bright lip takes. With a bold lip, I will usually only put on a light wash of color over the lids and use some mascara. Putting on heavy eye shadow and eyeliner only competes with the lips and will often make you look as though you are wearing clown makeup, and trust me, that is definitely not a cute look. The lipstick I am using is #13 Rouge Pur Couture by YSL, but any kind of bright color will work whether it be pink or red. This orange is perfect for the spring and summer and will most definitely spice up your lazy Fridays.

I encourage you all to try a messy bun and bright lips on a day when you don’t feel like getting ready. Not only will people think that you spent a lot of time getting ready, but you will also look stylish and on trend for the upcoming months.

Stacey Oswald, originally from South Florida, came to Vanderbilt as a member of the class of 2015 and got involved with HerCampus her freshman year. She became assistant editor that year and is now the Campus Correspondent for Vanderbilt HC as a sophomore. Stacey is currently a columnist for Ask Miss A- Nashville and the life section of The Hustler. She's also very involved in her sorority, Kappa Delta, as well as Invisible Children. Outside of school and her extracurriculars, Stacey finds happiness in many sources, the most crucial being exercise and the sun. She loves to attend exercise classes and is an avid runner; she recently completed the Country Music Half Marathon. She also loves Vitamin D, especially when on the beach- though of course, she only soaks up the sun after applying SPF. A few of the things Stacey couldn't live without? Good food (especially from Sweet Cece's, Bricktops, and Samurai Sushi), great books (The Hypnotist's Love Story is a recent favorite), her family back in Florida, her wonderful boyfriend, and all of the great friends she's made at Vanderbilt.