Review: The Mick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

The Mick features It’s Always Sunny In Philadelpha’s Kaitlin Olson in a hilarious new role. She plays the aunt of three spoiled Greenwich kids after their parents flee the country. As entitled and wealthy as Sabrina, Chip, and Ben Pemberton are, their aunt Mickey is the opposite. However, they’re all hilarious.

The Pemberton nanny, Alba, is just as hilarious. She plays the role of Mick’s sidekick with ease, but her accent isn’t great. Alba is truly a trooper, putting up with everything the Pembertons throw at her. It’s interesting to see her character develop, as she begins to complain about having to raise all three kids herself.

The show also has a variety of guest characters, like the Pemberton grandparents and other Greenwich moms. The grandparents are especially hilarious in their attempts to whip the kids into shape. The show tackles interesting and current topics, like when Mickey instills the importance of safe sex onto Sabrina.

Overall, The Mick is a pretty funny new show this season. I don’t like it as much as other comedies, like Modern Family, but it’s a pretty good choice to watch on Hulu if you’ve already gone through your other shows. 3.5/5