Local Artists to Discover: Louisa Wendorff

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.
She may hail from La La Land, but Louisa Wendorff is an honorary Nashvillian afterstudying Songwriting and Music Business at Belmont University for the last few years. Her EP, Arrow, came out in June 2014, but it wasn’t until December that things got crazy for her. 

Taylor Swift sent out a tweet saying she was “OBSESSED” with Louisa’s mash-up of “Blank Space” and “Style” off of Tay’s 1989 album. Within a few weeks, Louisa was taking interviews from publications like TIME, Glamour, Billboard, and USA Today. 

Arrow jumped to #1 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums chart and she performed at E!’s Live Countdown to the 2015 Grammys Red Carpet with her co-star from the mash-up video, Devin Dawson. 

Vanderbilt students will also know the singer-songwriter from her killer performance at Rites of Spring last year. Since then, she’s released several more singles and music videos, including my personal favorite “DSIDLY” which stands for “Don’t Say I Didn’t Love You.” 

Her YouTube channel is filled with mash-ups of her favorite songs and original music videos, all beautifully shot by one of her friends. She’ll have you wishing you had a cute guy to spin around in a circle with on an old back road, singing Taylor Swift songs, or that you had any item out of her fashionable wardrobe. 

Check Out These Five Songs: 

1. DSIDLY

2. Blank Space/Style 

3. Let You Love Me

4. Goodbye/Believe

4. Pretty Hurts/Try/Who You Are
Jules Wilson

Vanderbilt

I'm a girl caught between being a Northerner and a Southerner, but currently residing in Music City. My dorm room is covered in tapestries from Bonnaroo, black and white photos of Paris, a Van Gogh painting-in-a-poster, blue and white christmas lights, and an array of Taylor Swift posters (she is queen). My dream is to write for Marie Claire magazine.