Fall Fashion Inspiration from the Blogs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Whenever I need a little fashion inspiration, I turn to some of my favorite bloggers to see how they’re wearing the hottest trends. Emily from Cupcakes & Cashmere is my favorite, but as my style has grown, I’ve branched out and found new people to admire. So as we transition into fall, let some of these awesome fashionistas inspire your style like they inspire mine! 

For a Sexy Night Out (Cupcakes & Cashmere)  

Cold weather is not a reason to let yourself go. Need proof? Look no further than this long-sleeved, winter-appropriate-yet-super-sexy dress by James Perse. Its sleek fit is guaranteed to hold you accountable amidst piles of pumpkin-themed pastries. I love the way Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere pairs it with a sleek, black leather jacket and booties- they add edge to a dress that could be worn many ways. This ensemble, or a variation of it, is perfect for a GNO or a sexy date night with your boyfriend! 

For a Fun Holiday Party (Glamour

This is probably one of the only times it’s okay to take a fashion cue from Miley Cyrus. That, or she’s finally growing up, because this dress is GORGEOUS. Here, she’s sporting a long, sparkly gown with a sensual open back from Marc Jacobs’ fall 2013 collection. Open backs are always super flattering, and the iridescent green sparkles on this dress are just so pretty- almost mermaid-like! I want to wear this to every holiday party I get invited to… even if one happens to be in a frat house. 

For Class (Fashion Toast

Colorblocking and cutouts are huge trends for the fall, and this black and white longsleeve features both. Fashion Toast paired it with a cool, metallic mini and one of the most stylish backpacks I’ve ever seen. I don’t think I could wear an ensemble like this every day, but I can definitely rock it on a morning when I have a little more time. Sometimes fashion is more important than reading over your notes a fifth time- at least in my book. 

For a Fun Day at the Mall (Sincerely Jules

Graphic tees are a fun way to show your personality, but they can look a little juvenile if worn the wrong way. Pairing this one with a sleek, black blazer and leather shorts makes you ready for a day of shopping. Her shoes also happen to be awesome, though I don’t know if they’re realistic for walking the mall. Maybe for another occasion? 

For Weekend Brunch (The Coral Court)

Whether brunch is with your girlfriends or your family, this outfit makes you ready for both. The cableknit sweater is modest and comfy, but the metallic skirt and leopard print flats add some flair to the ensemble. You’ll fit right in at Bricktops brunch AND have room for their delicious deviled eggs in this outfit. 

Stacey Oswald, originally from South Florida, came to Vanderbilt as a member of the class of 2015 and got involved with HerCampus her freshman year. She became assistant editor that year and is now the Campus Correspondent for Vanderbilt HC as a sophomore. Stacey is currently a columnist for Ask Miss A- Nashville and the life section of The Hustler. She's also very involved in her sorority, Kappa Delta, as well as Invisible Children. Outside of school and her extracurriculars, Stacey finds happiness in many sources, the most crucial being exercise and the sun. She loves to attend exercise classes and is an avid runner; she recently completed the Country Music Half Marathon. She also loves Vitamin D, especially when on the beach- though of course, she only soaks up the sun after applying SPF. A few of the things Stacey couldn't live without? Good food (especially from Sweet Cece's, Bricktops, and Samurai Sushi), great books (The Hypnotist's Love Story is a recent favorite), her family back in Florida, her wonderful boyfriend, and all of the great friends she's made at Vanderbilt.