Damon Cole ‘16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.
Name: Damon

Age: 20

Year: Junior 

Hometown: Brandon, MS

Major: African American and Diaspora Studies; Minor: Corporate Strategy

Relationship Status: Single 

Ideal date: I enjoy a date where we can have a good conversation and just chill.  For example, maybe going out to dinner and then coming back and watching Netflix.

Biggest turn-off: I can’t deal with bad breath. I also don’t really care for someone who is too talkative. While I do like someone who can sustain a conversation, I want someone who listens as well as speaks their mind.

Most likely to: Be wearing a nice pair of shoes, no matter the occasion.

Favorite Song:  Any song by Kevin Gates

Sports: Football and Basketball

Your type: I like someone who is chill, relaxed, and not always trying to go out and be the center of attention.  Being confident in who you are and what you bring to the table is really important to me.

What’s something nobody would guess about you? I’m very nerdy and very “ratchet”. 

Favorite thing about Vandy: It truly is a “top-tier” institution.  From the quality of the education to the various opportunities that I’ve been afforded, Vanderbilt is a dream come true.  I think that Vanderbilt offers such a well-balanced lifestyle in that you work hard in your studies, but are still able to have fun and network with so many people.
Kya Jones

Vanderbilt

Niina Kurki

Vanderbilt