Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Vanderbilt Celebrities

Meet Tamar Anna Alexanian, VPI of ZTA

By Courtney Robinson
April 12, 2014 - 10:26am

READ MORE

Madison Ayers: She Knows More Languages Than You

By Lili Valcarenghi
April 6, 2014 - 12:21am

When did you become interested in learning other languages?   I loved Madeline when I was 5.  I pretty much memorized the book, and I had a Madeline sing-along tape (yes, this was pre-CD) as well as a French pop tape from Express whose songs my mom and I would sing on car rides.   How many languages do you speak? Which one is your favorite?   READ MORE

Meet Maja Majewski of Maja's Macarons!

By Stacey Oswald
March 28, 2014 - 11:52am

I've known Maja from afar for most of my college career. We both lived in Murray as freshmen and had many mutual friends, though we never actually hung out. She also wrote for Her Campus for a while, so I feel like I got to know her by reading her articles. Via Facebook, I always observed how we liked the same music and both loved to cook and eat healthy. I guess our relationship is kind of built on Facebook stalking, but that's probably more common than we acknowledge in our modern world. Just recently, Maja started her very own macaron business called Maja's Macarons. I'm so impressed that she has been able to take her passion for cooking and transform it into a...

Meet Abby Horan, Incoming President of Dance Marathon!

By Stacey Oswald
March 22, 2014 - 10:54pm

When I first met Abby Horan freshman year, I was immediately struck by her contagious positivity. She became fast friends with everyone in our pledge class, and it isn't any wonder why- she's such an awesome girl! I've been lucky enough to get to know her as a friend since then, and now that she is the incoming president of Dance Marathon, she definitely deserves to be deemed a campus celebrity. Abby is one of the most involved girls on this campus, so read on to see how she manages all of her responsibilities while staying super committed to DM! READ MORE

Emma Squire, Published Researcher and Alpha Chi

By Taylor Mergele
March 13, 2014 - 9:46am

This week’s campus celeb is one of my suitemates Emma Squire. We became close after we joined the same sorority and lived next door to each other sophomore year. It’s hard to believe we’re both seniors with graduation coming up faster than we’d like. Before we “grow up,” I decided to ask her some questions about her time at Vanderbilt and what she’s been involved in. What is your major?
I am a neuroscience major with a child development minor.  READ MORE

Meet Justine Ker of PCC LEAPS!

By Stacey Oswald
March 1, 2014 - 10:16am

When I saw my sorority sister, Justine, killing it in a PCC LEAPS recruitment video, I knew I had to interview her for this week's campus celebrity. She always seems so put-together, which is commendable considering her busy schedule. Read on to find out more about Justine and why you should apply to PCC Leaps!  READ MORE

Taylor Mergele, President of Voce

By Taylor Mergele
February 22, 2014 - 6:25pm

Senior year is always a crazy time. People are trying to find jobs and apartments while also managing grades and enjoying the last year of college. I thought I’d give a little insight into my experience as both a senior and the president of Voce. Sometimes it can be a little stressful managing a group with all of the other aspects of senior year, but it’s given me some great stories. I’m the President of Voce a Cappella. It’s an all-women group on campus that I’ve been a part of all four years. I’ve loved being in the group. It was how I first made friends as a freshman and I’m lucky that I now get to lead it. READ MORE

Dana Alloy, World Traveler/Vandy Prof

By Stacey Oswald
February 15, 2014 - 4:23pm

Dana Alloy does it all. She's a Tour Guide, the co-founder of Kenya Dig It?, VP-PR of Grassroots and a teacher here at Vanderbilt (like what??). She also happens to be my little, and while I could not be prouder to have such an accomplished, intelligent, and fashionable member of the fam, I can't help but be jealous of her coolness sometimes! Read on to find out more about this awesome gal, and how you, too, can go to Kenya! Okay, so seriously, how/why are you so involved???  READ MORE

Allena Staples' Take on Being a Transfer Student

By Taylor Mergele
February 7, 2014 - 4:52pm

One of my favorite parts about a new school year is meeting new people. My roommate’s sister, Allena Staples, transferred to Vanderbilt this past fall and she’s essentially become another roommate. I wanted to ask her about the transfer process and how it’s been transitioning to a new school. I loved being a part of The Commons as a freshman and it was interesting to hear her take on what it’s like being a Vandy student without that. What made you decide to transfer? READ MORE

Meet Nikki Florio, Head Manager of the Women's Basketball Team

By Taylor Mergele
February 1, 2014 - 11:39pm

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Nikki Florio, Head Manager of the Women’s Basketball team! Because she’s my suitemate, I get to hear a lot of stories about what it’s like being the manager, so I wanted to officially interview her about her experience for HC. Her ability to be so involved and stay on top of her work is impressive. She’s been able to keep a balance between her work life, academic life, and social life so well but I have yet to learn her secret… What’s your major?
I’m a Child Development, Medicine Health & Society double-major. I’m also tracking pre-med. READ MORE