Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Vanderbilt Celebrities

Maya Prakash: Future Bride/Vandy PAWS VP

By Courtney Robinson
October 15, 2014 - 7:21pm

Name: Maya Prakash
Hometown: Atlanta, GA
Major: Political Science What organizations are you currently involved in?
Kappa Delta, Vanderbilt Protecting Animal Welfare Society (PAWS), Vanderbilt International Relations Association (VIRA), Reformed University Fellowship (RUF), No Labels, AMIGOS, and the Undergraduate Advisory Board for the College of Arts & Science. READ MORE

Meet Abby Shachar, Outstanding Senior Finalist!

By Stacey Oswald
October 12, 2014 - 12:47am

Name: Abby Shachar
Majors: English, MHS, Islamic Studies
Career Goals: To work in foreign service
Favorite Place in Nashville: Virago--I just love the crispy rice! 1) How did it feel being selected as a Top Ten Outstanding Senior Finalist?  I was so honored to be a top ten outstanding senior. I feel so privileged to be counted amongst the other finalists who are all great friends and personal role models of mine.  READ MORE

Meet Caroline Roberts, Lead of "Much Ado About Nothing"

By Christina Albert
October 4, 2014 - 7:30pm

Name: Caroline Roberts
Major: Elementary Education and English Literature
Hometown: Wheaton, Illinois Why did you decide to audition for Much Ado About Nothing?
I auditioned because I've been going to see Shakespeare plays since I was 5 years old, and I've been involved in theatre since sixth grade. Much Ado was the perfect opportunity to combine two things that I love! I was so lucky that I had enough time this semester to be a part of this production! READ MORE

Meet the New Addition to Tongue 'N' Cheek, Sarah Vollman!

By Courtney Robinson
September 28, 2014 - 12:00am

READ MORE

Hey Jude

By Niina Kurki
September 20, 2014 - 2:34pm

READ MORE

Meet Madame Attorney General

By Lili Valcarenghi
September 12, 2014 - 9:59pm

Juliana Valcarenghi '15 has been involved with Vanderbilt's Student Government since freshmen year, and is now bringing her years of experience to the new and improved role of Attorney General. She is one of the many fresh new faces on VSG's Cabinet for 2014-2015, and with positivity and her drive, we cannot wait to see what exciting things come from her this year! How did you first get involved with student government? READ MORE

Alex Rigl: Most Likely to Succeed

By Stacey Oswald
April 19, 2014 - 12:41am

Alex Rigl is a breath of fresh air to everyone she meets. When I met her freshman year, I was so impressed by her maturity, work ethic, and positive attitude. Since I've gotten to know her, she's become one of my role models, due to her ability to balance literally every possible activity at Vanderbilt with a great social life and a perenially sunny outlook on life. She's the kind of person that you just want to be friends with, because being friends with her means always feeling good about yourself. And who doesn't want that? I'm really sad that Alex is graduating, but I'm so happy that she's sticking around Nashville after graduation! Read on to find out more about this gem of a human and why you should probably want to be like her when you grow up. ...

Meet Tamar Anna Alexanian, VPI of ZTA

By Courtney Robinson
April 12, 2014 - 10:26am

READ MORE

Madison Ayers: She Knows More Languages Than You

By Lili Valcarenghi
April 6, 2014 - 12:21am

When did you become interested in learning other languages?   I loved Madeline when I was 5.  I pretty much memorized the book, and I had a Madeline sing-along tape (yes, this was pre-CD) as well as a French pop tape from Express whose songs my mom and I would sing on car rides.   How many languages do you speak? Which one is your favorite?   READ MORE

Meet Maja Majewski of Maja's Macarons!

By Stacey Oswald
March 28, 2014 - 11:52am

I've known Maja from afar for most of my college career. We both lived in Murray as freshmen and had many mutual friends, though we never actually hung out. She also wrote for Her Campus for a while, so I feel like I got to know her by reading her articles. Via Facebook, I always observed how we liked the same music and both loved to cook and eat healthy. I guess our relationship is kind of built on Facebook stalking, but that's probably more common than we acknowledge in our modern world. Just recently, Maja started her very own macaron business called Maja's Macarons. I'm so impressed that she has been able to take her passion for cooking and transform it into a...