5 Ways to Treat Yoself Post-Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Finals are rough. But they’re about to be over, and you deserve to treat yoself! Check out some of my favorite ideas for treating yourself in style below. 

1) FOOD. 

This is an obvious one, but you might be treating yourself to food incorrectly (yes there is such a thing). Are you planning on going to Pharmacy and inhaling a humongous burger post-finals? Heading to Ben & Jerry’s to buy a massive pint and eat it in front of the TV? If you said yes to either question, you aren’t treating yourself to food in a beneficial way. Instead, you should plan to enjoy a meal that you’ve always wanted to try, something special and exciting and new. And you should plan on savoring every bite, not eating it all in five minutes because it’s there and it looks yummy. Finals are over, so you have no reason to stress about how you’re spending your time. Take more time to enjoy food, and you might even fancy yourself a foodie by the end of the meal! Some ideas for fantastic post-finals meals include: sushi at Wild Ginger (it’s a hike but trust me), drinks and apps at Pinewood Social (followed by bowling cuz duh), a fancy dinner out at Prima in the Gulch, or a hipster tapas-style meal at The Treehouse. 

2) Bikinis. 

Because if you have a body, you have a bikini body. There are tons of amazing new bikinis out right now that are colorful and fun- don’t feel pressured to get a Triangl bathing suit just because everyone else has one! Be unique and buy a super flattering and adorable bikini from Maaji, like the one pictured above. Or hit up Victoria’s Secret for a ton of stylish options that won’t break your bank account! 

3) Mall trip. 

I always recommend buying bikinis online and trying them on in the comfort of your own home, because there is nothing worse than going out shopping and trying on bathing suits in the unflattering light of dressing rooms. Thus treating yourself to a bikini and treating yourself to a mall trip are completely different occasions! We are lucky to be so close to such an amazing mall (I’m talking about Green Hills, jsyk), and you’ll pretty much be able to find anything you want if you look in the right places. I love to hit Madewell for comfy day-to-day options, J.Crew for work clothes, Free People for fun and unique items, and Lush because it smells amazing and I always buy at least three things when I go in there. 

4) Festival/event. 

Nashville is always putting on tons of events, and there happen to be quite a few cool ones coming up this month. Nashville Lifestyles is sponsoring a Battle of the Burger contest in The Gulch on April 23rd- $20 gets you samples of all of the burgers plus a vote on the best one! Lighning 100 is holding their 3rd Annual Block Party at Marathon Music Works next weekend weekend, complete with live entertainment and amazing food trucks. And in early May, Sevier Park Fest will be going on in 12 South, where you’ll be able to participate in a hot wing eating contest, eat other yummy 12 South nomz, and listen to amazing live music from Johnnyswim, Penny & Sparrow, and others. 

5) Massage. 

Nothing is better for relieving stress and getting you in a vacation state of mind than a massage. But where oh where should you get one in Nashville? If you’re looking for a fancy, spa-like vibe, go to Escape Day Spa- they have an extensive treatment menu, and sitting in their relaxation room pre-massage is one of the best things ever. O.liv Body Bar is also really cool, though it’s a little more hipster than Escape. Every treatment can be customized based on your needs and desired scent- you can add shots of high-grade essential oils to their already amazing extra virgin olive oil blend! They’re also about to unveil their Mud Lounge, where you can slather yourself with quality mud that helps remove toxins, cleanse and exfoliate your skin, and improve circulation. 

Stacey Oswald, originally from South Florida, came to Vanderbilt as a member of the class of 2015 and got involved with HerCampus her freshman year. She became assistant editor that year and is now the Campus Correspondent for Vanderbilt HC as a sophomore. Stacey is currently a columnist for Ask Miss A- Nashville and the life section of The Hustler. She's also very involved in her sorority, Kappa Delta, as well as Invisible Children. Outside of school and her extracurriculars, Stacey finds happiness in many sources, the most crucial being exercise and the sun. She loves to attend exercise classes and is an avid runner; she recently completed the Country Music Half Marathon. She also loves Vitamin D, especially when on the beach- though of course, she only soaks up the sun after applying SPF. A few of the things Stacey couldn't live without? Good food (especially from Sweet Cece's, Bricktops, and Samurai Sushi), great books (The Hypnotist's Love Story is a recent favorite), her family back in Florida, her wonderful boyfriend, and all of the great friends she's made at Vanderbilt.