5 Reasons to Go On Birthright this Summer with Shorashim

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Sign up now for your FREE trip to Israel with Vanderbilt Hillel and Shorashim!

1.Explore a new country: A new country means new cultures, new people, and new languages. Israel is full of opportunities to explore new cities, both modern and old.

2.The food: Even if you’ve had falafel before, you’ve never had falafel like this. There’s also hummus, shwarma, shakshuka, borekas, and so much more! Not to mention the iced coffee at Aroma…

3.New friends: While you’ll have the opportunity to travel with many of the friends you already have, there will undoubtedly be other people on the trip you’ve never met before. And, if you go with Vanderbilt, you’ll make new friends who you’ll get to see around campus every day!

4.Try new things: There are hundreds of new things you can do in Israel that you can’t do at home. Riding camels in the desert, going on hikes with breathtaking views, floating in the Dead Sea, and visiting sites that are thousands of years old are just a few of the incredible experiences you’ll have on Birthright.

5.It’s a free trip! In case all of the other reasons weren’t convincing enough. 

All photos courtesy of Shorashim