20 Things That Are More Important Than Finals (But Really Shouldn’t Be)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

1) The tiny dust-bunny in the corner of the room that you MUST pick up. Now that you’ve started you may as well vacuum… AND do a load of laundry. Clean clothes are necessary.

2) That one fingernail that just chipped. Time for a manicure!

3) The perfect birthday present for your friend who turns 21 in three months. 

4)  Finding a perfect dress for New Year’s Eve. 

5) The cute video of a bunny taking a bath in a sink. 

6) Taking a nap, beauty sleep is important!

7) Testing out a new hairstyle and makeup for tomorrow, when you stay in your room all day and study. 

8) All of the Buzzfeed quizzes. Like actually all of them.

9) Working out (the sign of true desperation to get away from studying). 

10) Packing. You’re leaving in 10 days, what if you run out of time later?!

11) Sending really ugly snaps to all of your friends. 

12) And then watching everyone’s ridiculously long snap-stories. 

13) Going to the mail office to check if you’ve gotten any letters. 

14) Watching the Victoria’s Secret fashion show, DUH. (Tuesday Dec 9 at 9PM Central!)

15) Crying because the Victoria’s Secret Angels are so perfect. 

16) Making the perfect study playlist. 

17) Internet stalking that one guy you met two weeks ago who may or may not have a girlfriend. 

18) Making a detailed study schedule.

19) Calling everyone you know. Just for a quick chat.

20) NETFLIX. Need I say more? Especially finishing Gilmore Girls!

Niina Kurki

Vanderbilt

Stacey Oswald, originally from South Florida, came to Vanderbilt as a member of the class of 2015 and got involved with HerCampus her freshman year. She became assistant editor that year and is now the Campus Correspondent for Vanderbilt HC as a sophomore. Stacey is currently a columnist for Ask Miss A- Nashville and the life section of The Hustler. She's also very involved in her sorority, Kappa Delta, as well as Invisible Children. Outside of school and her extracurriculars, Stacey finds happiness in many sources, the most crucial being exercise and the sun. She loves to attend exercise classes and is an avid runner; she recently completed the Country Music Half Marathon. She also loves Vitamin D, especially when on the beach- though of course, she only soaks up the sun after applying SPF. A few of the things Stacey couldn't live without? Good food (especially from Sweet Cece's, Bricktops, and Samurai Sushi), great books (The Hypnotist's Love Story is a recent favorite), her family back in Florida, her wonderful boyfriend, and all of the great friends she's made at Vanderbilt.