10 Things To Do Instead of Study

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

1.     Go for a run

Exercising is definitely one of the best forms of stress relief, not to mention that summer is just around the corner so its time to get in shape! Go for a run or hit the gym, and you’ll feel like you’re doing something productive even without studying!

2.     Watch Netflix

Season 2 of the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is out – need I say more?

3.     Eat for hours

With so many restaurants all over Nashville, it’s not hard to eat for multiple hours every day. Go to brunch, then coffee, then a snack, then dinner! You ate, that’s productive right?

4.     Make lists of everything you need to do

Making lists can be helpful to get you organized, and help you figure out what needs to get done in the next week. And once you’re done making the list…. Keep reading.

5.     Craft!

You may be moving out but that doesn’t mean the craft you saw on Pinterest won’t look great in your room for the next week. Plus, you can get a head start on next year’s decorating!

6.     Have a dance party with you roommate(s)

Put on some music and dance your heart out, its some quality bonding time with your roommate, and also a great form of exercise!

7.     Harry Potter marathon

Remember all those times Harry and his friends did some badass things to save the school and Dumbledore cancelled the final exams? Yeah. I would rather take on a Basilisk than my finals!

8.     Play dress-up

Time to pull out your summer clothes and mix up some outfit options for all those parties and events you’ll go to this summer. You can never be too prepared, right? Except for your exams. You don’t need to be prepared for those…

9.     Start packing

Why not get a head start and do something else productive? Finals will get done one way or another…

10.  Write articles for Her Campus!

We’re always looking for more writers and social media people to join our team, so email vanderbilt@hercampus.com to get involved! 

Niina Kurki

Vanderbilt