The 10 Best Articles from January 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

With today’s rapid news cycle, it’s easy to miss the major things that are happening in the world. Even though our iPhones are always in our hand, we don’t always see the biggest and best news stories that everyone else seems to be talking about. No worries, though. We at Her Campus Vanderbilt compiled the most important and influential articles (and Buzzfeed quizzes!) we read this month just for you. From entertainment and fashion to politics and economics, here are our 10 favorite stories from the month of January.

1. 19 Powerful Women’s March Portraits You Haven’t Seen Yet (Teen Vogue)

2. ‘Glee’ alum Mark Salling Dead at 35 After Apparent Suicide (Hypable)

3. The 5 “Love Languages” You’ve Never Heard Before (Man Repeller)

4. Alessia Cara’s Hit Back at Her Haters in an Open Letter About Her Grammys Win (Teen Vogue)

5. Why I See a Black Queer Therapist (Them)

6. Phillip Picardi to lead Teen Vogue following departure of Elaine Welteroth (Glossy)

7. Top colleges like Yale are teaching students to prioritize happiness—not money and power (Quartz)

8. Which grown-ish Character Are You?  (Freeform)

9. 50 Gender Identity Terms Every Ally Should Know (Refinery29)

10. Kendrick Lamar unveils ‘Black Panther The Album’ track list, featuring SZA, Vince Staples, Khalid, and more (Hypable)

Muna Ikedionwu

Vanderbilt '19

Muna is studying Medical Humanities & The Arts and Corporate Strategy at Vanderbilt University. She loves supporting small businesses, watching indie films on weekends, and can talk for hours about anything from the newest addition to her skincare routine to how the digitization of political news has changed society for the better. Her motto is "Be fearless. Be authentic. Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters."