Workout Sesh: Fit Fighters Fitness Class Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Staying active and fit isn’t always easy as a college student. Trying to find a flexible and convenient workout regimen is hard when balancing class, work and other activities. Recently, I have discovered a cheap and fun way to say fit: boxing.

Boxing isn’t just about sparing and nose bleeds. It is a great way to work out and let off a little steam! Jose Perez’s Fit Fighters Fitness on Baytree Road focuses on physical fitness rather than combat. 

Friday October 3, 2014 marked its one month opening anniversary. The owner and instructor Jose, alongside his business partner Dominique Moses, are energetic and passionate about boxing. They truly enjoy their jobs and give 100% each class! With more than half of their clientele being women, these guys really know how to get us swinging!

Fit Fighters members and staff are like one big happy family. During my first visit, I was welcomed with open arms. They handed me some gloves and we went to work. Aside from the positive atmosphere, Fit Fighter Fitness offers cardio boxing, one-on-one training, self-defense classes and much more.

Fit Fighters has a pay-as-you-go, no contract policy, which enables customers to have payment flexibility and less of a commitment. However, there are memberships available. There is a monthly membership for $40, which includes an official Fit Fighters shirt and hand wraps. It also offers a weekly membership for $10. Both memberships offer unlimited use throughout the day.

The best part is, your first class is always free. Hours of operation are from 6am until midnight every day of the week. The workouts are intense and will leave you feeling satisfied. Personally, I can’t wait to go back to get in some well-needed cardio. To find out more information you can visit its Facebook or stop by for your free class!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.