This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

The icy cold brothers of the Mu Omicron Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. recently released their promo to the Gorilla Thrilla 2K18. In the video, the brothers hit an ICE COLD stroll to Drake’s verse on ‘Look Alive’ and confirmed that Thrilla will be taking place. The question is will you survive? Lucky for you, here are 5 ways to help you survive Thrilla.

1. Stay Hydrated

• Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate. Water is your best friend. Your body will thank you later. If staying hydrated is difficult for you, here are some tips that can help.
  • Keep a bottle of water with you during the day. Carry a reusable water bottle and fill it with tap water.
  • If you don’t like the taste of plain water, try adding a slice of lemon or berries to your drink
  • Don’t wait until you notice symptoms of dehydration to take action. Actively prevent dehydration by drinking plenty of water.

2. DRESS COMFORTABLE

• This is not an event that you have to wear heels, fitted dress, or beat your face to the makeup gods.
  • Instead, you need to dress comfortably. You will be outside in a tent and sweating a lot. You do not want to worry about your top falling down, pants being too tight, or people messing up your new shoes. There’s nothing wrong with coming to Thrilla in some running shorts, a tank top, and some old sneakers. Plus, the Alphas have Thrilla apparel on sale. 

3. GET YOUR HOMEWORK DONE

• Do not forget the reason why you are here on campus. It’s better to go ahead and get your work done earlier in the week so you can spend all weekend celebrating and recovering from your festivities on Sunday. Your professor will not care that you “forgot” to do your homework because of Thrilla. 

4. WATCH OUT FOR THE ALPHAS

• There will be millions of Alpha’s in attendance from various schools and those trains will be high. Do not get a chunky monkey in the face. When you hear the whistle go ahead and slide out the way. AND NEVER BREAK THEIR LINE. YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE. 

5. DO NOT GO OUT SAD

• No one really wants to be the friend who gets black-out-drunk and does silly things that they can’t even remember. Know your limits and trust that your friends will have your back. If you feel like you need to vomit, tell your friend so that they can take you outside the tent. IF your friend does go out sad, don’t post it on snap chat. Instead just save the video and show your friend later. 

Remember to enjoy Thrilla. Thrilla is hyped for a reason. It’s the #1 event that everyone enjoys going to. S/O to Mu Omicron for always putting on an amazing event. Now the question is…..

WILL YOU SURVIVE GORILLA THRILLA? MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.